Parents IGC experience

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flounder

Proud Parent
My gymnast will be going to IGC for the first time next week. It will also be the first sleepaway camp experience. This whole part of the country is soaking wet right now and the 10 day forecast shows rain likely for the entire week my gymnast is there. :( The videos show all this fun outdoor activities and they may all be cancelled.

Does anyone have any experience with IGC who could offer some words of encouragement that it will still be a fun experience? I'm already a little nervous and don't want to pass that on to my kid. I want her first sleepaway experience to be a positive one.

Thanks.

I don’t have IGC experience, but I do have lots of summer camp counselor and director experience and I promise you they will still have fun in the rain. If there’s no chance of thunder or lightning then many outdoor activities will still go on and they are even more fun in the rain! If there is thunder/lightning then there will be fun indoor activities-drama and games in the dining hall, fun cabin competitions, etc. I’m sure it will be fine and they will make it fun-after all, the business model relies on kids wanting to come back.

I don’t have IGC experience, but I do have lots of summer camp counselor and director experience and I promise you they will still have fun in the rain. If there’s no chance of thunder or lightning then many outdoor activities will still go on and they are even more fun in the rain! If there is thunder/lightning then there will be fun indoor activities-drama and games in the dining hall, fun cabin competitions, etc. I’m sure it will be fine and they will make it fun-after all, the business model relies on kids wanting to come back.

Thanks! That's a good thing to remember.

Obviously, I'm going to add rain boots to her pack list, but are there other things I should consider? I was never much of a camper. ;)

My daughter just got back last Saturday. Yes, the pool and water slide and campfires may be canceled but I imagine they will squeeze in outdoor activities whenever the rain stops. My daughter waited 4 hours total for Scary Airy and did not get a turn. I would imagine with rain gymnastics would take the forefront. Many girls had bracelet string and tied bracelets even though the weather was nice. She will still have a good time. As a note to you, the highlight for my daughter was seeing a bear in camp from the beam gym.:rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back