Igc?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gracefulclutz

I might be going to IGC this summer. (International Gymnastics Camp) what is a typical day at the camp? I'm going alone so will I make friends? Any other things I should know? Thanks!

It is a lot of fun, and you are busy all day. You are placed in cabins with girls your own age, not level. That is really good, they also have counsellors in the cabin with you at all times who also animate activities so you can get to know each other and win prizes for your cabin.

They evaluate on the firts day and then place you with girls your age and your level, they are VERY good at this!

The food is amazing, healthy if you want, junk if you want. Nice pool, great extra activities and the gym training facility is wonderful, with five gyms.

Both my girls had a blast there, and the youngest is going back this year.

I went last summer! It's a TON of fun!! (I was in Cabin 13, so if you get that...AWESOME :D) The schedule is pretty nice: You wake up, eat breakfast, and then go straight to gym, after that you go back to you cabin for a little and then go eat lunch and go back to gym. after that you have free time until dinner. After dinner you can go back to the gyms or you can have more freetime. I went back to the gyms every time though :). It's a ton of fun! You can make it whatever you want: really focused on gaining skills or just focus on having fun with gymnastics, making friends, and playing around. There are cabin v. cabin competitions too which are good for bonding with your cabin :) I loved it. You'll have an awesome time!! AND the facilities are superb! I went with another girl from my gym BUT i've gone to other camps alone, and trust me, you'll meet tons of people and make lotsa friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last summer was my first at igc and I LOVED IT! There are 6 classes a day, the four olympic events plus dance and conditioning. They evaluate you the first day by asking you to show them your hardest tumbling pass and skills on the low bar and they put you in a group with girls your own age and skill level. I was afraid that I would be the oldest in my group, then I relaxed when I heard the girls in your group are the same age as you, but I was the YOUNGEST in my group! Anyway, it's really fun otherwise, the food is AMAZING! There are so many choices it is almost impossible you won't find something you want to eat, and they have some food in the canteen as well, such as funnel cake, ice cream, slushies, pizza, and nachos. They have a whole lot of other stuff in the canteen as well like leotards and clothes. The recreation is so fun, there's a pool, sports, arts and crafts, scary aerie, you name it. The counselors were really nice, there were a lot of international counselors. And of course you will make friends, just talk to the girls in your cabin, the girls in my cabin were really nice to me! Good luck and have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back