I'm so close to my splits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Guys!

I'm really excited!! I'm only 4 1/2 inches away from my splits (with my left leg in front) my other side is a little weaker (7 inches to go).

It doesn't feel like that long ago that I wasn't even close to my splits.

A quick question as well. I stretch both legs individually and then try to touch my toes in when the pike position. Is this a lot harder to get because I can't even touch my toes when in the pike position but I can touch the bottom of my feet both sides individually. It seems like I'm having an easier time with the straddle then with this. Any suggestions??

Make sure you're really warm when you practice your splits. I always love stretching at the end of practice because that Did when my best splits happened. Keep working on what you're doing you seem to be on the right track

For your pike stretch make sure to do both legs in front at once. It's more time efficient, and the one-leg stretch is kind of a beginner stretch for people who are warming up, not trying to get more flexible. Pike stretch is very important because if you have tight hamstrings, it makes you a lot more likely to be injured!

For your pike stretch make sure to do both legs in front at once. It's more time efficient, and the one-leg stretch is kind of a beginner stretch for people who are warming up, not trying to get more flexible. Pike stretch is very important because if you have tight hamstrings, it makes you a lot more likely to be injured!

Thanks I didn't know that. I usually do the individual ones all the time and the pike stretch I do as well but not as long. I'll do that one a lot more often now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back