I'm sorry! I just have to brag about this one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
ok well Last night was one of the best practices of my life, we did beam and vault and on beam my split jumps were WAY more split than before, My split leaps on beam were 180 degrees (they almost always are but they were feeling really high) got my full turn and stuck 7 in a row perfectly, AND....The big news was i got my back walkover on the high beam and stuck 5 before we had to move onto dismounts!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We then went up to vault where my vaults were better than ever!!!!! and it was handspring and i normally do handspring flat back and my coach says my handspring is nicer than my flat back.

Then comes the epic stack. Well i was sprinting towards the vault and as i jumped on the spring board i stubbed one toe but continued to jump with the other but managed simply to propel myself into the vault winding myself all whilst my friend was getting over her fear of vault....i don't think i helped much :p

Congrats! Thats really good about your split leaps! Sometimes it feels big and sometimes you just KNOW when it was a good turn, lol. Also, good job getting your turns and back walkovers down :) Don't you just love days like those? Those are the days for me that keep me going when things get rough.

Sorry about stubbing your toe on vault! I hope your friend didn't get too scared, but it sounds like you knew what you did wrong. Admittedly, I've done the same thing, but at level 5 zones. Instead of slamming into the vault though I flew over it and landed on my back! It was embarrassing, but even the judges laughed when I got up and saluted. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back