Gymnasts Upgrades after Platinum season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
I am currently an xcel platinum here is what i do in my routines:

Bars
-kip cast
-clear hip
-kip squat on
-jump to high bar cast tucked flyaway

Vault-half on half off
-can do tsuks off a wedge into the pit so i think ill be training some tsuks this summer hopefully!

Floor
-full turn
-switch leap to tuck jump
-front pike
-round off back handspring back tuck

Beam
-split jump beat jump
-full turn
-round off
-cartwheel
-front tuck dismount

I did qualify for regionals :) but i am going to start working upgrades soon and i wanted to know what would be the best upgrades to do..it’s my senior season so im not even sure if i want to do diamond because i dont want to put a lot of pressure on myself this last season but i love training upgrades in the summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think tsuks are a fun summer upgrade

I don't really know your strengths, but here are some things you could work on if you decide to do diamond next year or to get more difficult routines for platinum.

- Cast handstand
- giants
- front and back layouts
- front and back twisting

I hope you have a great senior season next year!

I think tsuks are a fun summer upgrade

I don't really know your strengths, but here are some things you could work on if you decide to do diamond next year or to get more difficult routines for platinum.

- Cast handstand
- giants
- front and back layouts
- front and back twisting

I hope you have a great senior season next year!
any beam upgrade suggestions?

any beam upgrade suggestions?
Not really any I could think of, I guess you could work handsprings, tucks or aerials (but you could only compete handsprings in platinum or diamond; and I dont really know how comfortable you would be with those). Maybe front pike, front layout or a front twisting dismount?

Not really any I could think of, I guess you could work handsprings, tucks or aerials (but you could only compete handsprings in platinum or diamond; and I dont really know how comfortable you would be with those). Maybe front pike, front layout or a front twisting dismount?
thank you for your help! and yeah i’m not comfortable doing back handsprings but who knows i can always try and work on them! i’m thinking i can do cartwheel swing through roundoff as a series for diamond if i choose to go that route as well.

my series is up on a stacked beam!
-cartwheel swing through roundoff
and i have been working on front pike dismounts for fun!

on vault i flipped a tsuk with a spot into the pit and then i did one by myself with my coach standing there so that was very exciting!!

i am working on getting my casts higher on bars (especially for regionals) and i think i will start doing kip cast handstands next week!

we haven’t really had any time for floor upgrades yet, i’ve been doing my passes for platinum/basics on floor :)

Bars: Giants, pirouettes

Beam: handsprings, twisting dismounts, switch leaps, 1.5 turns

Floor: front tuck-front tucks, backlayouts

Vault: Tsuks, and Yerchenko entries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back