WAG Injury taping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
What kind of tape do you like for ankle support? Does the stretchy kind that sticks to itself work at all? I want to order some stuff to make sure I have it for our first meet in case we need some.

Nope stays on perfectly! It works better than things such as k-tape that stick to the foot etc.. Because it sticks to itself so if you have a gymnast with sweaty feet then it doesn't become unstuck! I really recommend this stuff!

I guess it depends how tough you need it. When dd broke her foot she was straped (foot and ankle) for quite some time after coming out of plaster. We used a patella taping kit which consisted of a pre-wrap and really sticky sports tape. It certainly stayed put - we had to cut it off each day but the pre-wrap prevented any irritation- particularly as she was being taped 5 days a week.

We used this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patella-Taping-Kit-Sports-Twin/dp/B003L0V6JK

I tape my own ankles and use prewrap or a soft neoprene ankle brace underneath and then athletic tape over. I actually use 2 inch athletic tape as versus the typical 1.5 inch though. In general it sticks to its self pretty well. At meets I use tan athletic tape and prewrap.

Do a test patch first, I know of someone who decided to tape up their weak ankle on a ski holiday and then they reacted really badly to the adhesive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back