WAG Is there a deduction for this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Delia4

Gymnast
Ok I have noticed that a lot of gymnasts do this. When back tumbling they land with feet slightly apart temporarily then snap them back together during the next skill. They would do it after a roundoff and/or before a backhandspring, but not before a flip or something. Ok so I'm wondering:
- Is there a deduction for this if the gymnast's legs are put together quickly after and are together during next skill?
- Does it give the gymnast more power/help the gymnast maintain a straight path while tumbling?
-Is there a reason for it?

Up to shoulder width apart is fine on landing. Landing with feet slightly apart is better biomechanically. Also, gymnasts with certain knee or ankle shapes may not be able to land with legs totally together without banging knee to knee or ankle to ankle.

Up to shoulder width apart is fine on landing. Landing with feet slightly apart is better biomechanically. Also, gymnasts with certain knee or ankle shapes may not be able to land with legs totally together without banging knee to knee or ankle to ankle.

From what I have been told, it is safer to land with feet shoulder width apart. Better bio mechanically and easier on the knees. I think I heard somewhere that there is a push to change some stuff to make safe landing not a deduction. I think they were referring specifically to college? Not sure, don't quote me!

From what I have been told, it is safer to land with feet shoulder width apart. Better bio mechanically and easier on the knees. I think I heard somewhere that there is a push to change some stuff to make safe landing not a deduction. I think they were referring specifically to college? Not sure, don't quote me!
Ok thanks:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back