Is there any way for the admin to control the ads?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dahlia

Proud Parent
On the mobile app the ad banner keeps popping up with something like "benaughty.com". Given there are minors on this board and its just poor taste, do the admins have a way to block ads like that?

Should be blocked now. Looks like a typical online dating site. I blocked the whole category.

You should join the booster club. It cuts WAY back on the annoying ads. How would one do that on the new site, JBS? Maybe booster club needs a new plug on the site. I'm seeing lots of new, actively posting CB members...

Does the booster club get rid of mobile ads too if you join?

In the mobile app...yes.

I need to redo the Booster Club page. It gets rid of the ads in the mobile app and two that are directly inline with the posts on the regular site. It does not get rid of the header...footer...or sidebar. If you look at the following link...it gets rid of D & E...

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/pages/advertise/

Looks like the ads on here are DoubleClick, which tries to target you based on your history (you'd actually be amazed at how much of your browsing history is trackable by them). You can control them to a limited extent by clicking on the little blue triangle in the upper right corner, but to do so, you're submitting to even more tracking. You can also report to them that ads are in the wrong category or are inappropriate. Often times, advertisers will stretch the truth about their category or their content in order to get a broader impression base. Beat them back.

Looks like the ads on here are DoubleClick, which tries to target you based on your history (you'd actually be amazed at how much of your browsing history is trackable by them). You can control them to a limited extent by clicking on the little blue triangle in the upper right corner, but to do so, you're submitting to even more tracking. You can also report to them that ads are in the wrong category or are inappropriate. Often times, advertisers will stretch the truth about their category or their content in order to get a broader impression base. Beat them back.

Yes...the ads are served through Google DFP (DoubleClick For Publishers) on the regular website. If the ad spot is not purchased...they show Google Adsense. Adsense tries to target your interests...sometimes it works well...sometimes not.

The mobile app is done with Google Admob and Apple iAd.

I am in the process of redoing the Booster Club page right now...it will clearly show what ads are removed when you join the Booster Club when I am finished.

It was on my phone I saw the ad (and no, I don't peruse dating sites on my phone or my computer :p ). I've had no issue with ads on the computer. They are usually for gymnastics stuff.

There is also an ad for something called professional gymnastics dot com that does not look like it has anything to do with gymnastics.

The photo in the ad just didn't look quite right for a gymnastics site...

I know...it's kind of a weird ad. The ad is definitely not selling the gymnastics part of the show.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back