WAG JO Code changes 2018-2022

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can someone please clarify exactly what the L6 vault is? It sounds like it's FHS over the table onto a mat stack, which I don't understand because that seems easier and safer than the (terrifying) FHS they do in L4 and L5.
They can choose fhs over the table to a mat stack. Since it’s still to their feet, it seems harder to me. The other two choices are a tsuk or yerchenko timer over the table, to feet on a mat stack.

Can someone please clarify exactly what the L6 vault is? It sounds like it's FHS over the table onto a mat stack, which I don't understand because that seems easier and safer than the (terrifying) FHS they do in L4 and L5.

They are moving to timers for flipping vaults. So the handspring done over the table to a higher landing area means the vault needs to be completed earlier--meaning the kids need more power and heighth. The Tsuk timer is a half on to stacked mats, again the vault has to be higher because they have less time to complete the vault. Same with the Yurchenko timer.

Seems to be changes for beam...Level 6 now requires flight or an acro series, Level 8 will need 2 flight skills in their acro series, and Level 9 will require a salto in the flight series. Many gyms already required this but it seems that the bare min is no longer an option on beam.

On Floor, the 3 skill pass MUST have 2 flight skills (in the past, they could get away with CW-BWO-BWO).
On Bars, they have to have a salto dismount (in the past, they could do an underswing).
On Beam, they need EITHER an acro series OR flight (in the past, they only needed 1 acro skill) AND the dismount MUST be hands-free.
On Vault, they go over the table to the mat stack.

Lots of info on this thread, but I'm a confused parent :) DD just finished L5 and is moving to L6 this coming season. What is a salto dismount? She had been training the underswing to layout dismount. Coaches meetings are next week. Thanks!

Seems to be changes for beam...Level 6 now requires flight or an acro series, Level 8 will need 2 flight skills in their acro series, and Level 9 will require a salto in the flight series. Many gyms already required this but it seems that the bare min is no longer an option on beam.
The level 8 and 9 special requirements for series have not changed, they just clarified and spelled out the variations for the composition deduction for up to acro level(up to 0.2).

Lots of info on this thread, but I'm a confused parent :) DD just finished L5 and is moving to L6 this coming season. What is a salto dismount? She had been training the underswing to layout dismount. Coaches meetings are next week. Thanks!
A salto dismount is a flyaway, so a salto from the bars:

the dismount she is training is a salto (salto is basically a flip with no hands).

So the level 8 beam is still acro series with 2 elements, one with flight but the up to level deduction comes into play if they are not both flight? Am I understanding that correctly?

So the level 8 beam is still acro series with 2 elements, one with flight but the up to level deduction comes into play if they are not both flight? Am I understanding that correctly?
yes, and the series and other acro included in the routine make up the up to acro composition deduction

Another confused parent on the flyaway. DD just finished Level 5 and her flyaway is a tucked flyaway, but she said for level 6 (possibly 7) she needs the lay out flyaway, which she apparently got last night. The video above shows the tucked flyaway that she's competed all season in 5, does she need to have the lay out flyaway for 6+ or maybe this is the gym's rule?

Another confused parent on the flyaway. DD just finished Level 5 and her flyaway is a tucked flyaway, but she said for level 6 (possibly 7) she needs the lay out flyaway, which she apparently got last night. The video above shows the tucked flyaway that she's competed all season in 5, does she need to have the lay out flyaway for 6+ or maybe this is the gym's rule?
gym rule

If she is doing underswing/counter swing/tap swing forward to layout flyaway(like level 5 but one less tap swing), that is a salto dissmount. If she is doing underswing to stand(like the level 3 dismount on the high bar) that is not a salto, and used to be allowed at level 6.

Please don't post code pages here... but I have to post this one. Notice any issues...

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.03.20 PM.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back