MAG JO men's technical sequence

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Has anyone had their son compete the TS and the regular routines this year yet? I wonder how it works at meets. I hate the thought of doing 2 days at a regular meet. For my son he doesn't think it is hard to remember 2 routines. For me I think of the cost, hopefully we will not have to pay extra at meets to do TS. I think that they do the TS routines at regionals to qualify junior elite for nationals and then again at nationals to qualify for national team??? It will be a lot of new info for next for my son who will go level 8

For us also the scoring has been all over, not consistent and I do think the judges are in the learning phase.

I am interested in how those work. Are there extra fees? I am not looking forward to the 2 day meets either. We already miss school for meets, and the TS all seem to be on Friday night. That has to be tough on the middle/high schoolers. When do the TS start? (Level and age?)

The TS is the future stars routines for this it will start at age 11/level 8, that is when you can go junior elite
Just found this on the region 5 website "Athletes going the JE division must compete technical sequences at State and Regionals. They only need to compete technical sequences at State. They will automatically qualify to Regionals as JE athletes, no minimum score needed. They must compete sequences and Optionals at Regionals"
This would be good not to have to do at regular meets. I have seen a couple of the meets we went to offer the TS session.

So..will 11 year olds no longer be doing FS? Or are the FS routines the TS and they do them at regular meets? (Still trying to figure this out.) Our team isn't doing this track yet, as our coach is waiting to see how it plays out this year.

FS is the same as always-- 11 yr and older still do future stars to qualify for the regular nationals that is held in Nov. The new things is that they compete to go to nationals held in April/May this is where they try and get on the national team for each age group. It does sound weird Since in Nov they go and compete for national team and then they do it again?? So a boy could go to FS nationals and not make the team but then go to national in spring and make it?? I am not sure if it is two different types and really what does it even mean except the honor. In FS nationals for the top boys get to come back for a summer training camp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back