WAG Joining team timeline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LGnyc

Proud Parent
Dd's fave/best coach just gave notice but the gym has not notified us yet, or said what the workaround would be for the fall. Last time this kind of shake up happened, it was really chaotic. I want to give it all time to settle down before even considering changes, but if we did, when is the latest do you think she join a new team in the fall? Btw, she is L7 and we are NY, so meets don't generally start til November. Thanks for the help.

It's highly variable depending on the gym, but my DD and 2 others from her gym changed in late Aug/early Sept last year and it was fine.

Yep, definitely depends on the gym. Our current gym lets kids join at any time, all year round, which is rare. Our old gym would really only accept new members right after season ends, and/or sometimes during the summer. But definitely not once fall hits. I would just ask while gym shopping to make sure you know going into it.

Thanks. I'm holding off on shopping til I see how the situation shakes out. That only seems fair to DD and to the gym. I'm just worried that it will then be too late. I suspect I won't know more until September and it would need a month after that. So I'd be calling/asking for try outs in October and thought that was likely too late.

I would guess October would be too late for a November season for all but the most permissive gyms. Plus by then you'll likely run into non-refundable assessments at your current gym, set meet rosters at a new gym, and possibly no time to secure a new uniform.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back