Parents Jordan 1st level 8 meet Texas Prime

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She is great! I went back and looked at some of her older videos - she has such clean lines! Very nice!

I can't believe how high her scores were and that she didn't place 1 st in every event with those scores!

Tell her congrats!

Dd's in gym A too, but she is not competing - we will be there though. She broker her 5th metatarsal 1 week ago and is casted. The day after we return from TX, she will be getting her cast off - exactly 3 weeks from today (countdown is on! :D) We are now just shooting for States in March, if she can be heeled by then, that will be her next meet.

As we get closer, I'll shoot you a PM and we can actually meet. We won't be hard to find, dd will be the one on crutches with the hot pink cast up to her knee! :rolleyes:

GS,
Thanks for replying,, I was a little confused! That's why text is so hard to comprehend. If you track the higher scores.. most of the time they come from top gyms that produce many elite and national gymnasts. I have found that the lower levels do score quite high... but optional (except for a few) are not nearly as high. North Texas seems to even be higher than South(as far as compulsory's, optional is all new to us). (I don't know the difference but when we went to state, they use the same judges in both the south and north and from experience J scored around the same) We actually came from the mid west a few years back and had a hard time adjusting because of the insanely amount of hours these girls do, which could be the indicator of scores? who knows I could guess all day. There is always a difference in scoring in different judges, one picks on some issues and the other something else. As long as it's fair across the board I have no complaint. :)

I believe we are in Gym A. Which gym are you in?

Chris

I think what happened with the Texas thing was that I had originally commented that only in TX would a 37+AA get 5th place, but then I was worried it would be taken wrong and edited it. And I think it must have been at the same time Granny Smith was typing her response.

Texas is hardcore with gymnastics for sure. And I don't think they overscore at all, the routines just rock. Though I think that more hours probably does help with that a little, though not always. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back