Parents Judges Eval at the gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
We had a a good judges eval.

The girls had a good judges meet while the judge was tough and pointed out weaknesses this is what we are paying her to do.

DD is a 2nd year Level 8 and has big goals for this year. She had a great Judges Eval and got and AA of 33.25 she was psyched. Only needs a 33.5 for state she plans on getting that at the first meet :). She will need a AA34 at State for Regions.

Vault : She threw a piked Tsuk for ths first time and got a 8.75 so I am sure things will get better there.

Beam: 8.35 I think little form errors to fix and adding a t jump instead of a leap. Leaps on beam have never been strong points.

Bars: Most exciting for her was a 8.25 now while this seems low it is the highest she has gotten on bars in a long while.

She had convinced herself with help from her compulsary coach she stunk at bars(glad that coach is gone)!! I am very proud of this score. I think the judge thought I lost my mind untill I explained we spent most of last year getting low 7's if she was lucky.

Floor was 8.0 but mostly due to poor tubling that evening she will have that up in no time.

Thanks for listening.

Wow she is going to have that 33.5 and 34 in no time!:) Those are great solid scores especially at a judges' eval meet. She's going to be great this year! And 8.25 on bars is great. She most definitely does NOT stink!:p

THose are great scores to begin the season with and she clearly knows that things will improve from here on. Regionals seems like a strong possibility. Start saving!

Sounds like a great way to start off the season! Will she be at the Gopher meet? Hoping she's in the same session as our 8s so I can watch her again :)

Yep we will be at the Gopher meet.

Hopefully we will be in the same session. We actually have a level 8 team this year. We have 13 Optionals which for us is a lot in a long while.

Great scores for a judges' evalutation meet! Huge congrats to her on throwing the tsuk and scoring so well with it. She will have a great vault this year. And yay for the improvements on bars! I hate it when coaches are so negative about a child's potential. Good for her proving that coach wrong! Good luck at the first meet - sounds like she is a shoe in to qualify for States.

Well done to her. Sounds like a great start and you can all be very proud.

Sounds like a great begining to a wonderful season. Im sure she will make her 33.5 and 34 with no problems. Keep us update and Im glad that she got that negative force outta her life that made her believe she wasnt good on bars. By the scores she appears to me to be a very well rounded gymnast

So happy to read a realistic post. (Sorry I was a little disappointed by another post calling a 35.5 "barely" making it through a first L7 meet.)

Any way I am so glad that she is able to start her year off on such a positive note. I wish her the best for a great season. Those scores are really good and now she knows what to do to improve.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back