Parents Juggling it all

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Phew! That's tough! I only have two kids and my youngest (5) just started his first sport a few weeks ago. I'm already stressed thinking about next school year when he will be in kindergarten and have his own activities instead of just always tagging along with me to big sister's stuff. Anyway, I don't have any great advice. I wish I did because I feel for you. I think the suggestions about keeping it equal between activities and making some alone time with your daughter are great. Good Luck!

I just downloaded that app last night but have not poked around on it yet. So, you love it? Do you use the free version of the upgraded one?
I used the free one for a long time but recently upgraded... Well worth it for me

Family counseling might help. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. She might be too, and worried, and this is how it is coming out. Repairing your relationship would definitely be important going into the high school years due to the vulnerability of this age.

Reactions: COz
@Gymmom82773 ,first well done on the preventive surgery.

Have you discussed with your 14 year old what the BRCA might mean for her?That's a lot of information to process while going through puberty .Her growing forms are a source of danger.It's incredibly unfair and she is resentful towards the entire world.She 's probably also very afraid.(Been there,done that).

Counseling sounds like a good way to reconect with her.

I agree with Natalia. If you're family has the BRCA gene or similar counselling sooner rather than later. Then she can decide if she wants tested and the consequences of that..

I'm sorry your feeling overwhelmed and guilty, we all do at times. I also have 4 and they are ALL GIRLS!!! My girls are 20, 11, 8, and 5. My oldest is now 3 hrs from home in college and I can barely have a conversation with her sometimes without the others interrupting and needing or wanting something. No matter how much I give they all seem to want more. My most needy by far is my 11yo. For the last few years she did allstar cheer. I was always taking her to and from practices, watching half the time due to a pretty nasty coach. We would go to away competitions all the time, just her and I. She had tons of alone time with me. Well this year she decided to go to dance. Her dance studio does not allow watching and it is a technique program so they don't compete, it's just 2 recitals a year. She is really struggling this year missing that alone time. To top it off her 8yo sister is now on the travel team for gymnastics and so she is getting that alone time that the 11yo is missing. When it was my 11yo needing me no one complained but now that it's the 8yo the 11yo is having pretty bad issues with jealousy. She also uses the guilt trip. I do date nights with her so that she still feels special but it never seems to be enough. I really just think it's her personality. I can't do any better than my best so that's what I do and I hope one day she understands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back