just for fun...lefty or righty?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hand you write with & your "good leg" in gymnastics?

• write with right, gymnastics righty

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • write with right, gymnastics lefty

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • write with left, gymnastics righty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • write with left, gymnastics lefty

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
My daughter is a lefty for everything but gymnastics :). She's righty for gym

If something doesn't make sense, I blame autocorrect.

for the poll i did my main dominant side as I round off left, walkover left, cartwheel left, turn right, twist left, split leap and split change right, split jump right.

Right for writing left twister right roundoff (left foot first) left food cutter :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I am ambidextrous but prefer the right hand, I am a lefty in gymnastics except front walkover where I am a righty & I twist left.

just for the record. I am a righty and I do everything to the right. I can still twist on tumble track. My oldest dd is a right/right, my middle dd is a right/left and is the dancer, and my littlest dd is a left/left as far as I can tell because she can't twist yet. She is 6. Have yet to meet or coach a left/right. Interesting stats so far.

I'm a righty for writing but for gymnastics it depends on the move which I am so when I learn a new move I try it both ways.

I'm a lefty for gym but right handed. Lately I've been having issues with my twist direction though. I thought everything twisted left for me but I realized I jump full turn right, and yesterday I did a front half and was like whoa. I just twisted right. It's super annoying because I'm not sure which way I twist now.

i'm right-handed and left-footed and I think like for most people who are an opposite leg/hand some things get confusing. I do all the basics (handstand, cartwheel, roundoff, walkovers) with my left foot and I twist to the left when i'm flipping forwards but i spin to the right on beam and stuff. It feels better to go the the left in turns but it's a lot more stable when i turn to the right, even though it feels weird. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with back twisting and I thought that since i twist left forwards that I would also twist left backwards but when I first tried it, I naturally twisted right. My coach told me to twist left since i did everything else lefty and it would look funny if my round-off was one way and my full the other way. Now it feels weird if I try to twist right, but I can't twist left very well either. Anyone have this problem either? This is only for back twisting, front twists are fine.

Right for writing, right in gym, right for turning. However, I think that I'm a lefty when twisting! If I ever start learning twisting moves I don't know it I will learn left which feels natural or go right so it's not confusing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back