Off Topic Just for kicks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

motigymnasticsmom

Proud Parent
This is about Reality TV. DD loves to watch Toddlers AND Tiaras. Shes often said "Mom maybe there should be a show called Gymnast and trophies/medals or maybe called Gymmies and CGMs". Hmmm... Just a thought, what do you all think.
Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

It would be interesting. Have you see the documentary about Parkettes?? After that was aired no gym would ever let cameras in their doors. Cheer and pageants work well, but gym owners just do not want that kinds of drama.

Haha I was thinking abut that just the other day. However, like bog said, I'm not sure if many gym owners would want that much drama in their gyms every day...but if there ever was a reality series, I would definitely watch it!

Most of the time, they show the families. What they do, and then the competition itself. Show is just really funny. Of course no particular gyms involved...lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I have been saying for a while now that it's probably just a matter of time before they have a show just like this. They already have one for dance and one for cheer. They would have to find a gym way more interesting than ours, though. For the most part, everyone gets along very well and I don't even really hear very much complaining at all among the parents. It would make for really boring TV. LOL

And lots of the really top gyms around me anyways either don't allow parent viewing or there is one top gym around us that has the philosophy that if you don't like what is happening, then you leave. How exciting would a show be with everyone getting along. Most reputable gyms won't put up with the craziness like on these tv shows.

No way would I want a reality show about the gym. It's a sport. These girls are athletes. Just watch one episode of "Dance Moms." Pathetic.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

It would be different if it were promoted to show the hard work and discipline of the athletes that goes into gymnastics but that would probably be too boring for those folks that don't know the sport or not interested in all the baby steps and weeks or months of preparation it takes to get a skill. I can see the commercial now, "Tonight, on the finale of GymMoms...Susie's mom is a wreck in the lobby waiting to see if Susie got her kip.." and so forth. Its a shame though that there isn't more highlight on gymnastics in the media...My DD has watched Stick It and Make it or Break it so many times its not funny simply because of gymnastics. So I would like to see a show that focuses on gymnastics, but in todays sensantionalized times, it would only be fake drama with the moms and very little gymnastics. DD has been glued to DWTS for the first time since Shawn was on it to watch Aly. While I don't really care for DWTS, it does put gymnastics out there in the media every week instead of just every 4 years and thats great for the sport.

there is a mtv reality show in italy called "ginnaste" ("gymnasts") featuring some members of the national team and their daily lives. also includes drama but is really nice to watch. there are some episodes of it with english subtitles on youtube.

At my old gym there was a group of parents who were the typical "CGM" stereotype. They would all sit together in the same spot every day, gossip, complain to each other and they were guaranteed to at least complain at least once during each practice about someone or something. It was so much drama that we would joke about getting a reality show called "The real housewives of _________" insert gym name on line. We laughed about it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back