Off Topic Just out of curiosity........

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you or your child have a birthmark at the nape of the neck and or skin problems such as eczema

• Yes birthmark, no skin problems

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Yes birthmark, yes skin problems

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No birthmark, no skin problems

• No birthmark, yes skin problems

• Total voters
My middle (gymmie) child had the stork bites on the neck and between her eyes. Skin is fine, but she has many other medical problems- carnitine deficiency, gluten and lactose intolerant, abdominal migraines, asthma, adhd, and asperger's syndrome. And allergic to penicillen, and has major blood sugar regulation issues, probably related to the carnitine thing. Fun fun fun...

My younger daughter has a stork bite and was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. Definitely some dry skin issues, but not eczema. In fact, I had to wrap her hands tonight with A&D ointment b/c they were so dry, they were beet red up to her wrists, and her skin had broken open in numerous places near her knuckles.

My oldest dd (11) has just been diagnosed with eczema for the first time over the Christmas holiday, first we though it was chicken pox, then the gp said it was most likely viral, (dd came up with spots around Christmas Day, they were all over her back and front), the spots still didn't go after 2 weeks so she went back to the gpand he said eczema and gave her anti histamine, diprobase cream, e45 to put in the bath and Hyprocortisone cream to use, dd has always had sensitive skin that I think might be related to her hyper mobility syndrome but will check her for a birth mark after school, I have been told eczema in hereditary, both myself (mild) and my sister (quite bad) has eczema and I still get those flare up. My youngest dd also has mild eczema from time to time.

I clicked yes birthmark no skin problems, but got to thinking it might not be accurate. Dd has a red birthmark at her hairline in back and she has very sensitive skin. No eczema, but reactions to theater make-up, reactions to flea shampoo (she held the wet kitty in a towel and got a rash on her torso) etc.

Can't choose a second time, ds has skin issues on his scalp but no birthmark on his neck/hairline. Also, has had other reactions, rash from swimming pools, very sensitive skin as a baby.

DD has a very distinctive birthmark on her jaw, but it is tan. She had eczema by the time she was a year old and still going. :(

ah, is it a Cafe au lait ? Pink has one of those too ( despite this info she is not one big blotch and they do fade with age)

Checked my oldest dd and she has no birthmark but does have sensitive skin/eczema.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back