Karolyi Camp - Where to stay?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I have a young daughter who will be doing the commuter option at the Karolyi camp. I wanted to stay as close as possible to the camp. Does anyone have any recommendations? Hotels? I was even considering renting an RV and camping if that would be more convenient.

Thank you.

in the woods with the wild animals...LOL.:) here you go. most of them are right there. conroe and new waverly is where you want to be. huntsville is a bit past the ranch but not much further. the ranch is off I45. there is no place to stay in the forest except at the ranch. we always stay at the hampton inn. and plenty of places to eat right there.

Hotels Near New Waverly, New Waverly TX Hotels, New Waverly Texas Hotels - TripCents

my wife reminded me that we have stayed at the holiday inn express also. they're all the same to me.

i'm a hotel guy. the snakes, spiders and cock-a-roaches are as big as any rv or campsite. kinda like jurassic park. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

and stay away from the armadillos. they can cause leprosy. interesting tidbit.:)

From growing up 15 mins from Karolyi's I would stay in Huntsville. There is many more options than staying in New Waverly, and closer than Conroe. There is a great RV site in Riverside, TX. It is locally owned and kept very neat and clean. It has been open for less than 10 years and in great shape. Always a lot of RV's there. It is called Heartland RV park http://www.heartlandrvpark.net/index.html. From there its is about a 25 minute drive to camp (Fm 405 to Hwy 190) practically a straight shot with short cuts. Huntsville will be a 30 min drive down Hwy 190 and Willis, TX is 30 mins up I-45 (construction between Conroe and Huntsville, but you can take hwy 75 also) through New Waverly.

yeah...the rv site where the snakes are BIGGER than the rv's themselves. great room mates! LOL!!:)

if you don't believe me...ask marta's leg!:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back