Parents Karolyi Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd, Jamy, is at the Karolyi camp for the Westerns/Easterns 9s and 10s. She is having fun and trying to perfect her Geinger, among other things. I don't think she' ll use it until States or Regionals. She has lost some of her enthusiasm in gymnastics. I am praying that this will re-ignite the fire.Jamy told me she saw acollege coach there, from Boise State. I wonder if there aren't any other college coaches there? Well, Jamy is only a freshman now, so a bit premature. But it doesn't hurt to dream of future NCAA competion, a scholarship, etc.

Julio Garcia,
Jamy's dad.

Your DD sounds quite talented! And it really isn't premature to think about college as a freshman. Friends of ours have a freshman level 10, and she already is getting interest letters. She received two from Oklahoma and another school just yesterday.
Karolyi's is the place to ignite her fire. Great for her!!:)

I sure do hope she reignites her fire for gymnastics! It is so hard to see them work for so many years, and then high school comes along and along with it comes the lure for all the social things - DARN!!!!

This is the age though where they are either in or out...lots of high school age girls will move on and do high school sports etc...it's tough to project in to college when she is just a freshman because that would be another 7 years of gymnastics ...and if she isn't really into it, it could be very tough.

Re-energized, but tired

Jamy came back Sunday night. She was definitely more enthusiasitic about gymnastics, but very, very tired. Jamy told me they had a halloween party Saturday night. As thegirls walked through the woods back to their cabins, some ofthe coaches lay in wait and surprised and scared them. The coaches recorded their screaming!

There was a big screen TV near the Arrivals gate. Although San Francisco and Texas were playing in the Series at that moment, the Pittsburg Steelers football game was on the TV. The attenant there couldn't change the channel. What was going on in the game, I wondered. Suddenly, a loud cheer could be heard resounding through the airport. I figured it was a good sign, but couldn't be sure. Then my wife called to update me on the game. Yes, the Giants scored or got a hit. This happened four or five times while I stood there waiting, first a loud cheer then a phone call with an update. Finally, the passengers returning from Texas came through the gate. Glum visitors or happy Giants fans returning home? And then there was a smiling daughter, Jamy, a huge Giants fan, like me. Go Giants!

Julio Garcia,
Jamy's dad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back