WAG Kellogg's tour is it worth it??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mamabearof3

Proud Parent
Hey all!
Has anyone gone to the Kellogg's tour?? Is it worth it?? What's your opinion??? Some of the parents at our gym bought tickets and got extra tickets for families that would like to go, just wondering if it's good or what to expect??

Think of it like an exhibition/show versus a meet. We went the last time, and my daughter got to watch see all her idols. It was fun. But my daughter was disappointed that the tumbling was watered down. No one brings their competing routines. That said, Nastia performed on the aerial silks and it was absolutely amazing. So it depends on what you are looking for. We had a great time. But we didn't get tickets this year.

We went 4 years ago it was fun but she may have been too young to really appreciate it. We are going again, she is older and we are going with the gym so I'm sure she'll have a great time. Things to know - it is a show the difficulty level is still impressive but it's not a competition and they dial back the difficulty, they incorporate artistic, rhythmic and men's and women so you will see a little of everything. You are also not guaranteed any specific gymnasts- they seem to rotate appearances - so don't be too disappointed if you favorite is not there.

A group of team parents are kicking it around now that we know we won't be competing the weekend it is coming close to us, a four hour drive each way. Not sure there will be a consensus to put a group together.

We enjoyed it when we went but just know it's a show and not like a competition. That said, where we sat Gabby came & stood on the wall right in front of us and my dd went crazy! Lol. She loved it & we've already bought tickets for the new one.

Thanks so much! I know my daughter would love it specially since a good group of families from the gym is going as a group, including her best friends. Thanks everyone for your input!

We went in 2012 when my daughter was 7 and had just been invited to the team. She loved it and still tries to squeeze into the tshirt she bought there. It's not really gymnastics, but more of a show. We bought tickets for this year too because she really wanted to go again.

I went to i (or whatever it was called then) in 1984 and 1996. Both times I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a show but you see lots of awesome athletes. Sadly, my dd is competing the weekend it is here, so I don't want to risk buying tickets and not being able to go.

I went after the 1996 games. It was fun, but mostly a show with a bunch of watered down skills. It lacked the "wow" factor for sure. I might still take my dd, but then again, I'm thinking I might try to go watch worlds in Montreal instead and see some real gymnastics.

Definitely worth it to go once, if it is not too far away. We went in 2012 and it was 3.5 hours away. dd was all excited and she had a lot of teammates going. This time around, it is 1.5 hours away and on a weekday. dd thought it would be nice to go but wasn't overly excited (she's 15 now, so very different mindset) so we are saving our money. and passing it up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back