WAG Kellogg's Tour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jbird

Proud Parent
Does anyone know how long the show lasts? We are going and there's a meet the following morning and just wondering how much sleep everyone will be able to get. Thanks

I would recommend arriving early and buying souvenirs before hand. We were almost an hour early, went straight to the souvenir line, and got to our seats about 5 minutes before the show started.

Has anyone had a child participate in the show? Email says to arrive 4 hours before!?! Wondering how the logistics worked for that...
Also, @3gymgirls -- what souvenirs were available and worth a 50-minute line? Good to know in advance what I'm going to refuse to buy :)

$25 and up for a t shirt, $10 drawstring bag, $15 program, $85 replica leotard, etc

We bought tee shirts because we might not get to go back again.

We didn't even see the souvenirs. They are losing tons of money by not setting up more booths. We were sitting near many other adults without kids in the $50 section and I'm guessing hundreds of dollars walked out the door.

Reactions: sce
Has anyone had a child participate in the show? Email says to arrive 4 hours before!?! Wondering how the logistics worked for that...
Also, @3gymgirls -- what souvenirs were available and worth a 50-minute line? Good to know in advance what I'm going to refuse to buy :)

My daughter got to be in the show in our town. She had to be at the arena at 1, they practiced the dance and got their t-shirt to wear for the show and had some free time before the Chalk Talk started at 3:30. From there they waited backstage until their turn to perform and then they were brought to their seats to watch the rest of the show.

Oh, and some kids would love to be on the front row during the performance. My daughter was on the back row of her group so she got to be in the front row (because they all turn toward the middle of the floor) when the Olympic gymnasts walked through the middle of them. It was cool for her to get to see them up close.

ETA: the gymnasts were warming up on the bars, beam, floor while we were waiting for the Chalk Talk to start. It was exciting to see the gymnasts up close. Simone Biles was warming up tumbling and Sam, Donnell, Jake, Danell and Alex were warming up on p-bars and high bar right in front of us. Ashton was on beam and it was pretty thrilling for this fan.

My daughter got to be in the show in our town. She had to be at the arena at 1, they practiced the dance and got their t-shirt to wear for the show and had some free time before the Chalk Talk started at 3:30. From there they waited backstage until their turn to perform and then they were brought to their seats to watch the rest of the show.

Oh, and some kids would love to be on the front row during the performance. My daughter was on the back row of her group so she got to be in the front row (because they all turn toward the middle of the floor) when the Olympic gymnasts walked through the middle of them. It was cool for her to get to see them up close.

ETA: the gymnasts were warming up on the bars, beam, floor while we were waiting for the Chalk Talk to start. It was exciting to see the gymnasts up close. Simone Biles was warming up tumbling and Sam, Donnell, Jake, Danell and Alex were warming up on p-bars and high bar right in front of us. Ashton was on beam and it was pretty thrilling for this fan.

Can you elaborate on the time commitment for rehearsals? DD is supposed to be in the show, but has been told (by head coach) they have to attend 2 rehearsals and get to the arena early. Seems like a lot for what looks like a fairly simple dance. Exciting opportunity, but I hope they don't have to leave early from school.

When they get there they check in and wait for their wristband for being in the show. They go through security and then they practiced the dance for what my daughter said was about 1/2 hour. They had snack time and then practiced on the arena floor. They had more free time after that. After that was the Chalk Talk and the show.

So, the dance rehearsal was at the beginning of the time they have to be there. Unfortunately it does sound like you will have to pull her early from school. Luckily it was on the weekend for us.

My DD will be in a 7 PM weeknight show, and must be at the arena by 3 PM (so, yes, an early pick-up from school).

I believe it has something to do with how many tickets to the show were sold by your gym -- my DD was not really "chosen" at all -- but rather her gym had spots to fill.

Doors opened about 2 hours before show -- and chalk talk started about 30 minutes after that (so about 1.5 hours before show).

Basically, doors opened a hour before it started...
They had about 40 minutes, then took a 30 minute break.
After that they came back and continued for about 50 minutes.

A lot of the time we just watched a video, watched them dancing, or they spoke.

Yes, there was flips, but not near as many as I hoped for.

Doors opened about 2 hours before show -- and chalk talk started about 30 minutes after that (so about 1.5 hours before show).

Thanks for this info - I feel they really haven't done a good job of explaining it, the official info only says when the doors open but not when the chalk talk starts. How long before the doors opened would you say the line started? Was there time to buy souvenirs before the talk? What were the most popular items being autographed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back