Parents L7's over....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
We had states this weekend. Overall, a good, solid day. Started on vault 8.65, it looked good, but who knows, its Vault! Then to bars... 8.6 hit handstand on both casts and made the giant. Some form issues on the giant form but overall really good. Bars has been her nemisis. Beam, fell on her bwo, bhspring. But she went for it. Really fast connection. Beautiful routine 8.875. Floor, her best routine of the year. Stuck her back and front layouts. Really showed off the routine and looked like she had fun. 9.3

She got 5th on beam (with a fall). 28 girls in her age division. No place on floor.

Overall she is thrilled. I told her she should take today off from gym, but she said no way... we get to start all the fun stuff tonight. So off to the gym we go!

:):)

Congrats on a successful end to the season! :)

I tried to get my DD to take a couple of days off after Regionals and she wouldn't hear of it. she said the same thing, "I finally get to start working on the fun things and no more routines." LOL

That's awesome. Placing on beam with a fall= wow! it must have been a beautiful routine.

Thanks for all your kind words. I forgot to mention in my post about this meet having 4 judges per event. They flashed (electronically) all 4 judges scores. It was really cool to see how close or far apart they all were. On beam the 4 judges gave my dd 8.0, 8.875, 8.875 and 9.0. They drop they high and low, but wow! there was a whole point difference. How can that be? I found it so intersting. Even on floor she had one judge give her a 9.5. It was so interesting.

Thanks for all your kind words. I forgot to mention in my post about this meet having 4 judges per event. They flashed (electronically) all 4 judges scores. It was really cool to see how close or far apart they all were. On beam the 4 judges gave my dd 8.0, 8.875, 8.875 and 9.0. They drop they high and low, but wow! there was a whole point difference. How can that be? I found it so intersting. Even on floor she had one judge give her a 9.5. It was so interesting.

Wow! I can't believe the inconsistancy in the scores. How is that possible? :confused: It almost makes me question every score ever given! Either way, congrats to her for a great meet! How many places did they go out that she didn't medal on floor with such a good score? Will she be moving on to Level 8?

A lot of our meets are like this. I find it very strange. I'd rather just see one score and not see all of the inconsistancy. :)

We had Prep Opt states last weekend and the girls were given a score card with the scores from both judges. They used the average of the two scores for awards and placement, but at least from what I saw on my DD's card, the judges were generally no more than .2 apart, and they gave the same score on floor.

I watched the video. At a regular meet, this apparent gap is probably not uncommon. But, even to these untrained eyes, I would think they should have done a better job with it being at states.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back