WAG L9 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is a clear hip handstand needed? I have looked over requirements and I can't seem to figure it out. My DD has one in her routine but doesn't usually hit handstand so I am wondering if she would score better without it.

She does-
kip cast handstand pirouette, kip cast squat on jump to high bar straddle back kip cast clear hip handstand squat jump to high bar giant giant double back-
or something like that.

So is it a handstand or circling requirement or a needed B Or C or something? I just can't seem to figure out where it is listed. Really just nosy and curious. Thanks so much.

That's not a requirement in level 9. A circling element from groups 3, 6, or 7 is required in level 7 and level 8.

L9 requirements are:
- B release
- C LA turn OR release
- B dismount
- 2 bar changes

that's right! that's what happens when i answer when my wife is not around. (*foot inserted in mouth*). :)

i think she could still use the free hip based on the routine she described above? check that also.

Compositionally, it would be nice to have. You'd have to consider whether an extra circling element that doesn't increase SV is worth potential form deductions, cast height deductions, clear hip height deductions, casting over, clear hipping over, etc.

1 C, 4 Bs, 3 As.
C- pirouette
Bs- straddle back, giant, giant, double back (using to fulfill Bs)
As- kip, squat on, long hang kip

Basic requirements are met, 9.7 SV, no bonus, some minor compositional deductions.

My DD als Level 9 does a similar routine but starts on HB:

kip cast handstand pirouette, straddle back, kip to handstand, squat jump to high bar giant giant double back

Not sure of values but she started out of a 9.9 got .2 bonus. it is short sweet routine and meets requirments. My DD was happy to not do a clear hip ever again!

Good luck.

Our 10 sv routines go something like this... kip cast squat on, kip cast handstand clear hip handstand (or stalder or toe hand), swing half, bail, kip cast squat on, kip cast handstand, giant, giant, double back...

Get's all of the bonus as long as the swing half is near handstand and if the bail goes to handstand, it has the one allowable D.

My DD als Level 9 does a similar routine but starts on HB:

kip cast handstand pirouette, straddle back, kip to handstand, squat jump to high bar giant giant double back

Not sure of values but she started out of a 9.9 got .2 bonus. it is short sweet routine and meets requirments. My DD was happy to not do a clear hip ever again!

Good luck.
That would be a great routine but I don't thnk my DD with pirouette on high bar. I love the high SV though.

Compositionally, it would be nice to have. You'd have to consider whether an extra circling element that doesn't increase SV is worth potential form deductions, cast height deductions, clear hip height deductions, casting over, clear hipping over, etc.

1 C, 4 Bs, 3 As.
C- pirouette
Bs- straddle back, giant, giant, double back (using to fulfill Bs)
As- kip, squat on, long hang kip

Basic requirements are met, 9.7 SV, no bonus, some minor compositional deductions.
I know her current SV is a 9.7. So even if she takes out clear hip hs she may have same sv?

No clear hip here either.

DD does kip, squat on, pirouette, kip, cast, baile, kip, squat on, cast to HS, giant, giant DB. I believe she is starting at 9.7 (could be wrong) because of the extra kip/cast before the baile.

She does kip, squat on, jump to hb, cast hs, pirouette, Baile, kip, squat on, cast to HS. Giant/Giant double back. Her SV is a 9.9. (at least it was at the last meet) She has a meet in 2 weeks and I will have to remember to look at the SV beofre they post her score.

She does kip, squat on, jump to hb, cast hs, pirouette, Baile, kip, squat on, cast to HS. Giant/Giant double back. Her SV is a 9.9. (at least it was at the last meet) She has a meet in 2 weeks and I will have to remember to look at the SV beofre they post her score.

Sounds like only difference between your DD's and mine is going directly from pirouette to baile and that's the 0.2.

We have a couple of girls who connect a free hip to hs directly into the double back. I think that is bonus that maybe gets you a 10 sv?

My dd had a 10.0SV for L9 bars last yr. She did kip on low bar, squat, jump to HB, kip on HB to HS, pirouette, giant, clear hip HS, toe shoot HS directly into shootover to HS, kip squat on, jump to HB giant, toe shoot HS DB dismount. So she got .2 bonus for doing the following - clear hip HS + toe shoot HS + shootover. Then she got .1 bonus for doing the toe shoot HS + DB dismount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back