WAG Late starters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You must be 14 to post on Chalk Bucket. You agreed to this when you joined. You will be banned until then.

I am a late starter! I started in December of 2012 and I was 15. I am now 16 and I am in new level 3. I haven't "caught up" with gymnasts my age yet, (Because my gymnast friends are different levels. My friend Ari is Elite, while my others friends at my gym are Levels 8-10 but my goal is Level 8, and I'm not giving up my dream just yet, even if sooo many people are telling me my goal is irrational. And actually a month ago Monday, I was doing a front handspring vault and my arm popped and collapsed. I have a partially torn collateral ligament and a small radial head fracture (of the elbow). I am allowed to go back to gym after Christmas (And it's KILLING ME when I can't go to gym) and I am really scared of not hitting my goal. But I always look up at the quote on my wall when I feel discouraged about gym. It says "Don't ever be afraid to dream too big. Nothing is impossible. If you believe in yourself, you can achieve it." -Nastia Liukin. Even though I am 16 and have a huge goal, I also have a HUGE passion for gymnastics, and I won't be defined by the age difference between me and the average 16 year old gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back