WAG Laundry Detergent?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Justmehere

Gymnast
I just got my first leotards; they are used, but that doesn't mean I don't want to take care of them. One is a mystique adidas, and the other is a gk printed foil with velvet on top. Can I use tide laundry detergent to wash them. I would wash and dry them inside out.

Over the years, I have found that using Woolite, cold water and air dry works best when washing leotards. When my DD first started gymnastics, I washed her leotards with regular detergent with other clothes....needless to say, there was bleeding of the colors and fading.

I agree with gymmom1974. And wash them inside put in cold water.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

I've always just tossed them into the laundry with all the other clothes with normal laundry detergent inside out and even threw them in the dryers and in all the years my DD has been doing this we only had one laundry accident and it was with a leo that had white at the top with a red strip separating the black bottom. the red bled into everything in the laundry so there was no way that leo wasn't going to turn pink no matter how we washed it. other than that all other leos washed and dried just fine.

I've always just tossed them into the laundry with all the other clothes with normal laundry detergent inside out and even threw them in the dryers and in all the years my DD has been doing this we only had one laundry accident and it was with a leo that had white at the top with a red strip separating the black bottom. the red bled into everything in the laundry so there was no way that leo wasn't going to turn pink no matter how we washed it. other than that all other leos washed and dried just fine.

Same here. I am a single mother with 2 jobs and a child who trains 15 hours a week. I'm proud that I get laundry done at all!

DD's leos get washed in whatever state they are in after she takes them off and they've never faded our even bled using regular Tide and Downey. Sometimes I line dry them but more often than not they get tossed in the dryer without shrinking a stitch.

Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

It does depend on the fabrics used and the colour combinations. Velour is more forgiving than mystique, which will dull and fade with heat. Our girls club leo is mystique and you can spot who has bunged them in the wash. Mind you from memory in the states you cold wash in the machine, whereas here the standard wash is 40 degrees C.

I hand wash pink and fluffy's leos in cold water, no detergent, but I Do use a bit of pure soap on the gusset.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back