WAG Leotard sizing help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
Could someone measure a leotard in size AS, AM or AL from GK (from the shoulder in front to the crotch and also from the armpit to the armpit). I need help, I'm sewing leotards and I have to check how the measurements in the pattern compare to the more well known leotard sizes.

Thank you in advance! :)

Last edited:
Could someone measure a leotard in size AS, AM or AL from GK (from the shoulder in front to the crotch and also from the armpit to the armpit). I need help, I'm sewing leotards and I have to check how the measurements in the pattern compare to the more well known leotard sizes.

Thank you in advance! :)
Can you just look at the GK size chart for the torso measurement? Also keep in mind that the type of fabric used can alter what size is needed.

I measured 2 adult small gk tank leos. One is 24" shoulder to crotch, the other 25". One was 13" armpit and the other 13.5". The gk small comp leo is 23" and 12.5". They could be slightly stretched out from wear.

I measured a few and the AS came up 24-25 shoulder to crotch and 12.5-13.5 armpit to armpit, and AM were in the range of 25-26 and 13-14 respectively. I only have one AL and it fell in the same range as the AMs. I think the back style especially impacts how they actually measure when you lay them flat, some pull in more due to elastic. The GK size chart works well for us by prioritizing girth and paying the least attention to waist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back