leotard wedgies? bigger size equal bigger wedgie?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi all, Just wondering, If a leotard gives you wedgies (i'm thinking because it doesnt have very fling backy elastic in the leg bands and is velvet) but the rest of the leotard fits fine should you go for the next size up or will getting a bigger size make the wedgies worse as the leotard is able to slip around more? and yes I will be wearing butt glue ;)thanks in advance :D

Yes you can get the infamous wedgies from a leotard - it comes with the sport. Not alot you can do for it - get the right fit a bigger size just means saggy butt or too big else where on your body. What wokrs for my DD is the GK underware (or something like it. Its underware that is like a lycra material. DD says it does help with the wedgies as it keeps the leo from going in to the butt and the leg elastics tend to say in place. When competing not alot you can do. some of the older girls do spray their bottoms with hair spray so it has traction and doesn't ride up as much and I've seen on older girl use double stick tape. I think both would ruin the leo so my DD just learns to cope.

Yeah, the velvet usually isn't as tight fitting on the bottom. You could try tightening the leg elastic - I've had to do that before. Not sure how to do it myself but maybe someone who is a better seamstress could help you (if they put stitches in they'll have to use elastic thread).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back