WAG Level 2 - Scores or Ribbons?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CAKE

Why do some level 2s get scores and some only get ribbons?? These are different gyms in the same state and seem to be the same age kids.

Why do some level 2s get scores and some only get ribbons?? These are different gyms in the same state and seem to be the same age kids.
Achievement OR Placement. Technically, they both get scores.
If you are competing for Achievement, you get ribbons for the score band you were it. If you compete for Placement, you get scores so you can get placed.

Why would a gym choose one over the other.. since two options are available, Im assuming there are pros and cons to each?

Why would a gym choose one over the other.. since two options are available, Im assuming there are pros and cons to each?
To give girls the chance to get competition experience without the drama of awards / not getting an award / coming in last, etc, they can choose achievement instead of placement. Also, some meets require teams to pay a fee for "team"... If they have enough at a level to make a team.... For team awards. Achievement doesn't qualify for team awards, so it saves a little money (not the biggest reason at all).

It always throws me when Im looking at meet scores and I see a really high personal best score and then click on the details and see it was at level 2 so I was trying to understand the logic.

Thank you for the explanation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back