level 4 beam deduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mkbalsamo

My level 4 daughter did a beautiful vertical handstand on beam then fell off during her competition. She received a score of 7.50. I would like to know what her score would have been had she not fallen on that skill?
Thank you.

If she landed the handstand and then fell, the deduction would be .5 plus any wobbles, etc before the fall, so her score would have been around 8.0-8.2. If she didn't land it, i.e. her feet never touched the beam after she went into handstand, I believe the deduction would be the value of the skill (.5?) plus the fall, so around a point. HTH!

I think any balance deductions directly leading to the fall are not deducted. i.e. they just take the 0.5 off for the fall and skip the balance deductions so you do not have it doublecounted. As gymnastgets10 said, if you do not complete the element you may get the 0.5 off for the fall plus more up to the value of the element.

My level 4 daughter did a beautiful vertical handstand on beam then fell off during her competition. She received a score of 7.50. I would like to know what her score would have been had she not fallen on that skill?
Thank you.
Did She fall on The 3/4 handstand in the routine or did she fall on the dismount while doing the cartwheel to handstand holding then 90 degree turn to dismount. To clarrify Judges are to deduct for all Execution or Amplitude errors leading to fall: However, do not deduct for balance errors leading to fall. The TOTAL Execution &/0r Amplitude deductions taken on a major element MAY NOT exceed the Value of the E lement plus .50. The Value of the 3/4 handstand is .60 therefore max deduction on this element would be 1.1 unless skipped entirley then it is double the value (1.2) The value of the dismount is also .6 Therefore, the same applies here.

@gymster=wow. :) That is a lot to understand. :) Thanks for explaining that one. My daughter did the same at her meet and got a low score of 7.8. I chalked it up to the fall as I couldn't see what happened.

Last edited:
It is alot to understand! Sometimes it can be more complicated than it seems! I personally hate giving anything less than a 10!! As I know how hard these kids work and the fact that they even try makes them all winners in my eyes!;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back