Level 4 floor routine deductios

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are some suggestions or common deductions that we can work on to get my daughter from a mid 8 score to 9's? Her coach has been very supportive about her progression but not specific about how she can improve. Any help is appreciated.

Do you have a video of her routine? It's very hard to offer suggestions without seeing what she might be doing wrong.

Are you planning to coach these changes yourself? Many coaches teach routines a certain way for future progressions even though they may incur deductions. YOu might want to ask the coach about any corrections that need to be made.

Have no plan to coach her at home. Just looking to have a better understanding of what the ins and outs are for better understanding of the sport. On another forum, the level 4 beam routine was discussed in detail. It was very helpful to watch her video and understand more of what needs to be addressed. Hoping to get the same on floor is all.

Lever in and out of skills, tight form, pointed toes. Great handstand to bridge tight, no bounce, legs together whole time, nice pointed toes, straight knees. ROBHS+ rebound tight legs together whole time. You can talk to her about these things- her coaches need to work on it with her- and if they are any good, they already are. Dd's coaches work on this stuff with her team all the time- some girls "get it" some not so much (my dd). If your Dd is young it will come with age, experience, hearing it a million times, practicing it a million times- maybe not this year....

I find the difference between a 8.95, which my dd tends to get on L4 floor, and a 9+ is tightness, form, pointed toes. Just "having" the skills isn't enough to get a gymnast over the 9.0 hump- it's form, tightness, execution, pointed toes, good shapes (hollow)- the little extras that get a 9+ on any event. I am not a coach, and do not try to coach my own child in any way- this is just what I notice at meets and the things DD says she needs to remember when talking about her routines.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back