Level 4 skills test

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tennesseesunshine

I overheard a mom saying her dd was practicing for her level 4 skills test, but the girl had already moved up to level 4. What is a skills test and why was it going to be taken after she had already moved up? I don't want to ask the mom at our gym because she is the "know it all mom":)

I overheard a mom saying her dd was practicing for her level 4 skills test, but the girl had already moved up to level 4. What is a skills test and why was it going to be taken after she had already moved up? I don't want to ask the mom at our gym because she is the "know it all mom":)

This is probably just something that your gym does, I'm assuming to test to see if the skills are competition ready or something like that. There's no standard "Level 4 skill test" (or level anything skill test) that I'm aware of. You can always ask the coach if you're curious, just say, "hey, I heard some of the moms talking about a level 4 skills test, what's that?" :)

DD's gym does a skills test a month before meet season. It helps them to know who that has been begging to be moved up can be moved up a level- and also helps them to know what each girl still needs to work on. For DD's gym the skills test was running through the routines with the "big skills" getting either a *pass* or *fail* (my words not the gyms) so for example bars in L4 that's gilde swing, pullover, front hip circle, shoot thru, mill circle, leg cut, dismount.... etc for the other apparatus.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back