WAG Level 4 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sjm2b3

Proud Parent
In the level 4 vault, do they take the best of the two vaults or average them?
just curious. Thanks!

I thought it was the average too, but at our first meet, we got comments back from judges, and it was the average of two vaults. We are in region 8.

Region 5 here...it was the best of the 2 when my daughter was Level 4. Maybe it varies by Region??

I meant best of 2...which I definitely would prefer! DD first meet used the average of the two.

The score is the average of the two judges on the better vault. If you see two scores, it's the same vault with the two judges' scores.

always the best of the two vaults--no matter where in the US you are (if you are competing USAG JO). Average of the judge's scores (assuming you have two judges).

always the best of the two vaults--no matter where in the US you are (if you are competing USAG JO). Average of the judge's scores (assuming you have two judges).

Only one judge is required at L4 in our region. Two judges are required for each event for L5 and up.

Only one judge is required at L4 in our region. Two judges are required for each event for L5 and up.

Yeah, we only are required one judge for level 4 here too, but many meets have two judges. I wonder if it's a USAG thing because there is no move up score required for level 4 and below, so no need for two separate judges??

Yeah, we only are required one judge for level 4 here too, but many meets have two judges. I wonder if it's a USAG thing because there is no move up score required for level 4 and below, so no need for two separate judges??
Around here, all compulsory levels compete at the same meets, so with 5 and 6 requiring two judges, the judges are already there. I'd be shocked if they didn't just use them for L3 & L4 since they're already there.

That's what I thought, but I'm no expert so I wasn't sure. I think the confusion was that they were averaging the scores of two judges, not the average of the two vaults.

Around here, all compulsory levels compete at the same meets, so with 5 and 6 requiring two judges, the judges are already there. I'd be shocked if they didn't just use them for L3 & L4 since they're already there.

Yeah, same here, but some meets will try to arrange to have the level 4s (we don't compete 3 here yet) go the first session or last session of the day and only hire two judges for the 5s/6s. Isn't always possible to do that, but helps a little with profit, if you can!

Yes, we see that too, gymmomtoo. Or at really small sessions (less than 30 kids), I have seen the L5+ sessions run just 2 events at a time if they follow L3 or 4 sessions and they want to save $.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back