Parents Level 5 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

YIKES! Sorry to hear about your first injury. Sending you ((HUGS)) & speedy recovery wishes! My DD has her walking cast/splint from last December's heel fracture and she loved it too. I think she just loved the extra attention, LOL

Great meet:)

Sorry to hear about the injury. The cast/crutches are a right of passage. Mine loved getting crutches when she broke her toes. She did a good job at smashing several at once a few years back. I keep re-hiding them because the kids love, love, love to play "look I broke my leg" with them.

THANKS!!

The cast/crutches are a right of passage.

I think if they gave her a cast and/or crutches she'd be happy LOL. I think I should record myself saying " get off your foot" to save my voice. I must have said it a hundred times already.

They wrapped it in an ace bandage, which was stupid since they wrapped her foot and ankle and didn't even wrap where she hurt herself *rolling eyes*

Wow, great placements, thanks for the update! Hope her leg gets all better soon. :) Where did you get the cheer curls? Abby would love them just for fun I think. :D

well this was our second USAG meet and I was worried about scoring and pressure for nothing LOL. Jess did great and most important her hair looked good - just kidding! most important she has a blast! The best part was getting to compete with her best friend, who is competing her first season ever.

She had what may be the best save of the season on floor - I don't care what it did to her score - it was amazing LOL. She *almost* didn't make the back extension roll . . .

She got 3rd All Around (34.60) & a new high on beam (9.2). They didn't award any events, which I think was a rip off. We won't know where she placed in anything until the gym posts scores. They got AA medals and ribbons for scores and ribbons for sticking landings.

Only 2 weeks till the next meets and we have two back to back! Jess is thrilled! Last year in USAIGC our gym only did 4 meets. She loves that part of it . . . well, she loves ALL parts of gymnastics . . even conditioning - she's a nut :D

[youtube]yVALTBleCDs[/youtube]
she is so cute! great job jess!gymnastics can make you love everything even conditioning can be fun if you are a gymnast! :) great job again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry about the injury :( hope it gets better soon! :)

Great job Jess! I hope her foot is better so you can save your voice! LOL! Good luck to her this weekend!

Meg

1st on beam . . . 2nd on bars . . . 6th on floor and 7th on vault . . . 3rd AA!

last night she fell on the beam and landed on the leg of the beam funny . . . limping and favoring the other foot today . . . so off we went for our first gymnastics injury xray . . .

If you could imagine - we're in the pediatric emergency clinic and little miss can't be still is on the table doing assorted leg lifts and stretches

good news - no breaks or fractures . . . bad news - 4 days no gym . . . I almost laughed in the Doctors face. We'll have to see about that. we're doing the "RICE" thing tomorrow (rest, Ice, compress, elevate) we'll see what happens. I'm sending the note to school - no gym but she's not one to rest. Her next meet is next weekend . . . with another a week later. . .

She's not swollen or bruised . . . just sore . . .wish us luck

Forgot to mention she argued with the Dr that she is NOT to little for crutches . . crutches are cool . . . she wanted them . . LOL
O wow! How awful :(

How's she feeling now? So glad there weren't any fractures! I'm sure she's flippin around by now...you can't keep a good girl down, lol! Hope she's 100% for the meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back