MAG Level 5 rings change

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Interesting -- if I am reading the updates right, they removed the inlocate as a specified bonus at L5 and replaced it with an L seat hold. It's now a bonus for L6.

This is interesting to me, because our boys' program director last year refused to teach this bonus to our boys -- he told us that he didn't think it was a good idea to have them trying to pass through a cross while they were still developing shoulder strength and flexibility. He said there was too much risk of serious injury. DS is just starting to learn the inlocate now with straps, but I think he may be the only one in his group who's working on it yet. (He has exceptionally flexible shoulders.)

That is very interesting. Because of the old rules, D has had to do them since he was 7. SOme were scary ugly, but he eventually got them.

oh wow! DS has been doing them for a while now and was excited to have the bonus. I wonder if his coaches know about the change. I'm pretty sure DS is going to be disappointed though.

I showed this post to our boys hc. He didn't know...went and looked it up. My ds may go 6 now because of this one change...lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back