Level 5 Skills!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm currently in.. well... kind of level 3, but I have all my level 4 skills except a ROBH by myself. And since I will be competing level 4 soon, I wanted to know what I need to have for level 5.

The level 5 skills I already have (by myself) are a front handspring on floor and a cartwheel on high beam. And I thought that back hip circles and squat ons on bars were level 4 but some places online said they were level 5...? Because we do them in my gym, but most of the time we do just level 4 skills, not level 5.

So.. yeah. What do I need to get on beam, bars and floor before I am level 5? (I already know what vault is... front handspring! :D) Thanks!

For Level 5, the big skills on floor are round off double back handspring, front handspring, back walkover and back extension roll. On bars, you need a kip (this is the biggie), front hip circle, squat on, connect to high bar, long hang kip, back hip circle underswing, and tap swings.
Beam you need a cartwheel, handstand and the same dismount as Level 4.

I've never heard it referred to as a side handstand twist, but yes, you do a side handstand and twist slightly to land on the other side of the beam - Not the side you would land on for L3. This is the dismount for both L4 and L5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back