Level 6 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Wow. Long drive. Little sleep in hotel bed (luckily DD slept just fine). 6:10 wake-up call. 7:30 start time. Long drive home. Very tired, but hopped up on convenience store coffee. What we won't do for our kids!

Definitely less intense meet than the others we've been to this season (no lark nets).

Beam first, good routine, 9.125, 1st place!
Floor next, tucks looking much nicer. Tough scoring. 8.70, 2nd place
Vault...run looked a little off from where I was sitting but the vault itself looked good. 9.1, 4th place
Bars... Ah, bars. How I loathe you! Casts are looking so nice and high and straight and pretty, but hips touched in free hip (says dd... I couldn't see it) and she missed her squat on. Stupid squat-on! 7.5, no place
AA: 34.475... Not quite as high as the last meet, BUT it was enough to earn her 1st Place AA!

Very cool, and maybe tomorrow, when we don't both feel like we've been run over by a truck, we'll be able to appreciate it!

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she is having a pretty fantastic season. Those darn bars...in no time at all she will be nailing that too.

Congratulations !!!! I am sure when you get up tomorrow with your caffine hangover uou will be much more excited. she is really doing well & improving. Notjhing like a suprise first place to make it all worth while !!

Congratulations to your dd for a great meet!

Level 6 bars is tough. But I believe the deduction for touching on free hip is big. So without that and fall she would've rocked that too. Ah, the woulda, coulda, shoulda of meets ;).

Good job by your daughter! I've heard that the bars are judged pretty harshly at level 6, but it sounds like the rest went very well.

Wow, congratulations! Especially on that awesome beam score. Sounds like she's having a fantastic season (and I agree, L6 bars made me want to pull my hair out)

Great job Kathy!! She is having a great season!! THe new gym must be a great fit for her!!

Yes, I can't say enough wonderful things about the new gym. And Kathy's improved scoring wouldn't even be in the top three! Maybe in the top 10 though... ;) It is fun to see your child excell in their activity of choice, but feeling like she is in a warm, nurturing environment where her well-being (physical and psycological) are the #1 priority and where the older girls (and the coaches) are great role models for the kids... that's really the best. I :heartbeat: the new gym! (And Kathy :heartbeat: :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:'s it!)

That's insane! All she has to do is clean up bars a bit and she will blow everyone out of the water. Sounds like a great meet! Kudos to you for getting up at 6:10, that's hard.

Wow it sounds like she is doing great in the level 6 (a very tough level) and that her new gym is agreeing with her. I love the fact that she started out at a less intense gym. It seems like so many parents get their kids in these high pressure competitive gyms at such young ages in hopes that they will be ahead of their other kids in the less intense gyms and it proves that in the long run sometimes it makes no difference. I have seen girls start at my daughters former gym at an older age from recreational programs and ymcas and bypass the girls who have been at the USAG gym from the start. Godd luck to your daughter for the rest of the season who knows how far she will make it in this sport.

Wow!! 1st AA...she is rocking L6...who cares about the stupid squat on! (does that thing go away in L7?) I really hope so!!!

Congrats, those are amazing scores, you must be so very proud!

Yay!!! What a great meet.

BTW I have been meaning to tell you how amazing you profile pic is. That leg is high, high, high... And amazing point. So beautiful.

Congrats to Kathy on all her accomplishments and a wonderful new gym experience.

Yay!!! What a great meet.

BTW I have been meaning to tell you how amazing you profile pic is. That leg is high, high, high... And amazing point. So beautiful.

Congrats to Kathy on all her accomplishments and a wonderful new gym experience.

Thanks. I have lots of pictures of Kathy doing more impressive gymnasticsy things (flying through the air, upside down, etc.), but I think this is my favorite.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back