Parents Level 7 All Star Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
Does anyone know anything about this meet? It appears to be in place of a regional meet, but I can't find any information about it.

Some states and regions seem to be doing these now, but I can't really find a rhyme or reason to it. In our state there is a qualifying meet in November... Girls who are new level 7's or who competed 7 the previous year can attend (though I think there may be 2 divisions... for new 7's and for girls who competed 7 the previous year, but don't quote me on that). And then a regional (or do they call it national?) meet in January. But unlike level 8 and up, it's not based on their scores at states and not all teams participate. We had it on our schedule as "tentative", both last year and this year, but we didn't end up going either year. I wish USAG would either decide that there should be a "Regionals" for level 7 and base it off their States score, or not. It's hard to have a qualifying meet at the beginning of the season like that. New 7's are likely still unpolished, and new 8's are likely not very interested in doing another meet at 7 (I know my daughter wasn't). And having some teams participate and some teams not makes it not particularly meaningful, IMO.

Are you talking about National Judges Cup? http://judgescup.com/
It is held annually in January by NAWGJ, different place in the country each year. There is a level 7 State Team Challenge at this meet - states that participate will often hold their qualifying competition in Nov. or Dec. to choose the team of level 7 gymnasts that will represent their state. Usually about 20 or so states participate and send teams.

I think you mean the National Judge's Cup State Challenge? This a meet that some states do for the level 7. The qualifying meet is in Nov and Dec and in our state at least it is top 6 over all scores regardless of age or if they had repeated. Then those 6 compete as the state team at the National Judge's Cup that moves from year to year. From the website it looks like about 1/2 the states participate but not all gyms in the state compete.

Some states are adding this kind of competition as a psuedo Lvl 7 Regional Meet. Think about it - before this year the first year of optionals (old Lvl 7) did not have a regional meet; the first regional meet was at Lvl 8. Well, they have a new first level for optionals (new Lvl 6) and it does not have a regional meet so they had to do something for level 7's since they were no longer the first optional level. Hence the Level 7 Regional (aka, All Star) meet. For region 3, the qualifying for this meet will be just like the qualifying for level 8 regionals (percentage from each state in the region based on the State Meet). Also in region 3, this meet is already planned out several years into the future rotating amongst the states in the region.

And yes, the National Judges Cup is as described above, but is at the beginning of the optional season in January.

Hope this helps.

Some states are adding this kind of competition as a psuedo Lvl 7 Regional Meet. Think about it - before this year the first year of optionals (old Lvl 7) did not have a regional meet; the first regional meet was at Lvl 8. Well, they have a new first level for optionals (new Lvl 6) and it does not have a regional meet so they had to do something for level 7's since they were no longer the first optional level. Hence the Level 7 Regional (aka, All Star) meet. For region 3, the qualifying for this meet will be just like the qualifying for level 8 regionals (percentage from each state in the region based on the State Meet). Also in region 3, this meet is already planned out several years into the future rotating amongst the states in the region.

And yes, the National Judges Cup is as described above, but is at the beginning of the optional season in January.

Hope this helps.

region 8 has actually had a L7 regionals for at least the past 6 years...I am not sure how long before that.

How can I find out if Region 4 is going to have this. It says on our meet schedule that regionals are for 7-10 but I cannot find any info regarding this on the Region 4 or the Missouri USAG web site. I am surprised that they do not have regionals for Level 7 already. I am sure it could be a money maker for the region since a lot of girls compete Level 7 for more than 1 year.

Another question that has come up regarding this:Will Level 7 All Star meet qualifiers be invited to the Texas State Athlete Banquet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back