Parents Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter successfully completed level 6 and she medaled in all events at state. I am wondering if anyone has insight on how hard it is to get a giant or front or back layout? Is a back layout required for level 7 floor? Many of the girls on the team had mental blocks this season and scratched on events so the gym would like the girls to have all upgrades by June. I just have no idea how realistic skill attainment is for level 7 and our gym does not have a pit.

Thank you!

If your ROBHS back tuck is powerful and high (i.e. you have plenty of time to spot the floor and prepare for the landing), and if you can do a back layout on the trampoline, then learning a ROBHS back layout is not too challenging. It will take time to polish the tumbling pass so that it’s ready for competition. But it’s a fairly straight forward progression from tuck to pike to layout (assuming you have a good tuck).

You're required to have either a front or back layout in your floor routine at L7.

Giants aren't a USAG requirement, but are a typical gym requirement.

As far as how long to get those skills? Really depends upon how long the girls have been drilling them and where they are at in progressions, as well as their aptitude for that particular event.

If they've been progressing towards Giants and layouts, and you don't run up against any mental blocks, I would think that a strong level 6 should be able to get those skills fairly quickly. But that's a huge generalization.

You're required to have either a front or back layout in your floor routine at L7.

Giants aren't a USAG requirement, but are a typical gym requirement.

As far as how long to get those skills? Really depends upon how long the girls have been drilling them and where they are at in progressions, as well as their aptitude for that particular event.

If they've been progressing towards Giants and layouts, and you don't run up against any mental blocks, I would think that a strong level 6 should be able to get those skills fairly quickly. But that's a huge generalization.
Thanks so much that is helpful.

The giant is so often like a kip in that a gymnast can be so close for a long period of time but just not have it consistently, than one day they just get it. A handful will take a week.

For my DD it took about a year to finally get to the "I got it" phase.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back