WAG Level 7 Bar routine clarification (giants/casts/flyaway)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flippinpumpkin

Proud Parent
Gymnast
I’m trying to gain a better understanding of the Level 7 bar routine:

First, if DD doesn’t quite make her cast to handstand at first on low bar, but then she makes it on the high bar, does that still count?

Second, she will probably do two giants on high bar (clear hip to 45 on low). I’ve heard differing opinions/viewpoints on this. I have had some people say she should just do 1 because less form deductions, but others say that she should do 2 in case she doesn’t make her cast handstand. Reason- because then she will be missing one of the “requirements” otherwise and a 2nd giant would fulfill this.

And third, is there a height requirement for the flyaway off of the bar?

Just looking for insight and clarity on these questions.

Not sure about the first one, but in terms of giants, opinion seems to differ a lot. My daughter said one of her coaches advised only doing the second giant if they missed handstand, while the other is teaching her to do two regardless. I guess it's really a difference in approach.

Regarding the flyaway, my daughter was told to get it above bar height, because that's what judges want to see, although I don't think there's a specific USAG requirement for it to be as such. As in all things bars, height sells.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back