Parents Level 7 bars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi there - my older dd (Level 7) has her state meet coming up and her coach has decided to have her compete 2 clear circles for the meet. She has scored a 9.05 and a 9.15 on her routine this year without a giant, but my question is do you think the judges are less likely to give a high score at state without the giant because it isn't as difficult as many of the other girls routines. It meets all of the requirements and she is pretty clean. She placed on bars at several big meets without it including the buckeye classic but I'm still worried about the perception. Your thoughts?

Thanks~

Jules

all things being equal...the giant routine will score the highest. even in texas!:D

If the judges are really scoring the skills and not letting personal opinion take over - It really shouldn't matter as the skills have certain values and if they are done well they will score the value - that is why they have several choices as to what they can do for skills. If her start value is a 10.0 and she does the skills well it shouldn't matter. My DD does giants and very well but the gym only lets the L8 and above compete them. She is a L7 so she does the Free hip but could very easily do the giants but she has scored very high (up to 9.5) without it and usually has placed in the top 3 for bars. At the Capital Cup this past weekend where the competiton and judging was very stiff she came in 3rd on bars without the giant. All things being equal and skills performed the way they should I really haven't seen giant routines score any better than non giant routines.

Thanks for your thoughts, I am hopeful - we think judges like to score clean clear hip routines high because it encourages girls to compete clear hips instead of competing horrible or scary looking giants. We'll see very soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back