Level 7 State Champ...8 Years OLD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
USAG Level 7 Virginia State Meet - YouTube

OK....this won't be as involved as some of the great reports...the details are always fuzzy for me!

Started on Vault...first in her flight...9.5 Lowest score in the flight

On to bars...AWESOME 9.7 (started in level 7 at a 8.4) WOOT WOOT

Beam....I was so nervous for her and only taped but didn't watch...9.825 YEA stayed on

Floor....9.775...looked good solid

38.8 First AA and First on each event

Only one other girl in her age group and Sophia felt so bad she didn't win an event.....

Beautiful job as always. She is a little star.

Shame for the other little girl, maybe if the group had been bigger it would have been easier. But sadly in gymnastics meets these things happen.

I imagine Sophia is moving up to eight next year. Have the gym discussed hopes with you? Sophia certainly has the strong basics and talent that could take her far.

Sophia is a joy to watch. She always looks like she is just skipping in from the playground but she also has such precision and form. I am looking forward to seeing her next floor routine.

Too bad for the other girl, and sweet of Sophia to think of her. Hopefully both girls will do well at regionals and enjoy a bigger age group.

Sophia is a joy to watch. I agree with Bog, I think she has real potential to go as far as she wants in this sport. Next year level 8 ... after that, who knows!

It was a pity they couldn't give the other little girl second place medals, even though second was technically "last" place. I guess they figured it might be embarassing? Who knows in gymnastics. Very sweet of Sophia to think of her, she's always a very good sport up there on the podium.

Sophia did great - what a sweet girl. I always wish they would break our age groups up at states a bit more evenly, like divided by birth date as with most meets. It's always done like this just by year (or half or third year if necessary in the biggest ages), but it means some of the groups are very small and some are very large, which can mean weird things for awards. Still, with her scores, Sophia would have been top 3 in basically any age group.

Wow! Sophia did amazing!!! Her form, technique, grace, and attention to detail are just far beyond her years!!! She is so poised and confident yet still expresses such joy in her gymnastics. Definitely one to watch and I wish her much continued success. And that was very sweet of her to think of the other little girl who didn't place. You have a special little girl there!

She is a fabulous little gymnast and her personality shines through on and off the floor. Congratulations! Gorgeous routines.

i guess Igor didn't shave off his walrus mustache...great job!:)

Sophia is one of my absolute favorite gymnasts to watch. Her skills are just so technically sound and beautiful! Congrats on State Champ!

She is amazing to watch!

quick question - why were there only 2 gymnasts in the age group? I got curious and then looked at the age group for the whole meet and noticed that a similar thing happened with the 9yr and much older groups as well. Are all meets in VA set up with individual age groups, regardless of the number in each group? In NC, all the girls are listed by age and then divided evenly into age divisions. All divisions have roughly the same number of gymnasts - though the actual number varies depending on the actual meet and the level. Then the divisions are named ch-a, ch-b... jr a, jr b...., sr a, sr b, etc. We have found this to be true throughout region 8 as well.

Gymgal, that's how they do it here too. Our age groups are divided pretty much evenly by number of gymnasts. At Sophia's young age, you would think the age group might be up to age 10 or 11. At DD's states, there were about 15 kids in each age group. ??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back