WAG Level 9 question ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
B

Bumblebee462

On bars for level 9's does it matter if they do the pirouette on low bar or high bar? and can they do a half pirouette or are they required to do a full turn?

no, doesn't matter. a half turn in handstand is a C. a full turn is a D. not sure what your question is.

If the pirouette is connecting into a release skill, they get bonus in 9. In other words, half P on the low bar to kip, equals no bonus. Half p on H bar to bail or Pak equals bonus. other than that they are the same value.

Somewhat related question - if the pirouette is to HS and is connected to a clear hip to HS, is there a bonus? Posts above specifically discuss bonus for connection on pirouette to release, but I'm wondering if there's bonus for any C to C (sorry if this sounds stupid - I'm just barely starting to learn the bonus world). Is there bonus for a B to a C? Just trying to figure out why they want DD to start working on connecting her pirouette into a clear hip (which she currently does on high bar before giants). I'm not sure I understand the value in L8, but thought maybe there would be value in L9 that working towards.

Thanks as always.

1/2 pirouette-clear hip handstand would be worth .1 in level 9. C+C=.1 OR .2 if both of the elements have turn or flight (so 1/2 pirouette+bail/pak would be worth .2).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back