Level 9 series on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastEJ

HI all! I am currently a level 8 training 9 and I do not know what I should do for my series. For my single skill I am currently working aerials. I need some suggestions for a series. Any help would be appreciated!

What are some other skills you have? Side aerial is hard to work into a series. Possible, but pretty tricky, so it might best be saved as the single skill.

I think the most common is the BHS-BHS series. There is one girl in my dd's gym that was working RO-side aerial, but most others were doing the BHS-BHS and a couple were doing BHS-BLO & BHS-BT.

My daughter did back handspring/back tuck one year and back handspring/layout step out the next year.

Thank you for all the suggestions I think i will probably do either bhs layout stepout our bhs bt

GYm Law Mom
That is interesting because Aerial Bhs will probably be my series next year but my coach would like me to compete one season with just plain aerials first.

We're hoping she can pull off the aerial with either the bhs or ro. She really doesn't like back tumbling on beam at all and her aerial seems to be pretty strong. They are also going to have a backup series(don't know what) in case this doesn't work this year.

Funny, she rocks back tumbling on floor and has no issues with things like double backs off bars---just doesn't like going backward on beam.

Haha yup I hate backtumbling on beam too. In fact I have been doing bhs- bhs for over a year and am still scared to death of it. My coach thinks I will do best with bhs - layout step out so that will most likely be my series.

My friend actually did a RO bhs this year for lvl 9 series. I'm just going to be doing BHS layout stepout.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back