WAG Level six floor passes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does the level six floor need two or three floor passes? I do FHS FT, BHS layout, BHS tuck. Is that OK? Am i getting unnecessary deducations if i am doing an extra pass?

You are probably getting unnecessary deductions. The requirements for L6 are:
1 series of 3 directly connected acro elements (RO BHS BT or BLO)
And
1 Salto isolated or in a 2nd series (FHS FT).

Unless your layout is an actual layout (not piked our anything), then I would go with the tuck... unless that is your B skill on floor.

Unless your gym works very differently from DD's gym, you probably have very little choice in the matter. Likely, if your routine was choreographed with 3 tumbling passes, that is what your coach wants you to do, and probably the length of your floor music was chosen with 3 tumbling passes in mind. If it's something you can't change, embrace your 3 tumbling passes and do them to the very best of your ability. I've heard people here on CB saying that you can meet the requirements at level 7, 8, and even 9 with only 2 tumbling passes, but a vast majority of the routines that I see at those levels (I've never seen a "new 6" routine) have 3 tumbling passes.

You will likely get a few more deductions for the extra skills, but if you do them pretty well with only a few deductions, I think it's worth the risk. And if your coaches choreographed your routine to have those 3 passes, I am guessing they know you are capable of doing all of them pretty well. The additional pass will help prepare you for higher levels where 3 passes are the norm by helping to build endurance. It will also make your current routine easier to adapt for level 7, provided you keep the same routine. I think the only reason I would have a kid do the bare minimum in terms of tumbling at level 6 is if they were a weaker tumbler who was not capable of doing a 3rd pass reasonably well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back