Parents Little brag - Kip!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

StringBean'sMom

Proud Parent
So after much obsessing....my girl had repeated success with the long hang kip tonight!! Yay! And she is just millimeters away from the glide kip. She is one happy girl tonight....and Momma is just little proud. Considering she just started in gymnastics less than a year ago, I'm truly blown away by her progress and dedication - I had to share with folks who will understand the excitement!

Ah, well...a little reality to temper the excitement. Just found out her training group is going to stay new level 3 instead of moving up to 4 like she had hoped. Oh well...kip should be good and solid for next season!

Ah, well...a little reality to temper the excitement. Just found out her training group is going to stay new level 3 instead of moving up to 4 like she had hoped. Oh well...kip should be good and solid for next season!

I think I heard that they can do a kip instead of pullover for new level 3. My daughter repeated 4 even though she had a beautiful kip. She has progressed through the levels slowly but surely. :)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

She did mention that option...she was glad that she could still get to use her new skill! She has all the other Level 4 bars and beam skills and her floor and vault are coming along well too. Her front handspring on floor and vault needs a lot of cleaning-up though. As of a few weeks ago, it sounded like she was definitely going to be a level 4, so she is a little disappointed. This will be her first competition year though (she just started last summer) so I think the coaches are concerned about giving her a confidence boosting Level 3 year rather than a so-so level 4 year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back