Parents Little Brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Younger gymmie (age 8 Level 4) had her district championship meet. She has been sooooooo close to her front hip circle for the past few weeks. The coach said that she would probably get it with the adrenaline at this meet. It was modified capital cup, so warm-up, compete. They started on Floor. She was looking so tight. She scored a personal best. Then she went to vault and almost tied her personal best. Then bars... She had her bar warm-ups. They go very fast, if you fall, you go to the back of the line. Well, she fell on her front hip circle and went to the back of the line... next time, she made it! ... got 1 more try and made it again! She was so excited that she ran over (all 4 feet) and gave me a hug. I told the coach she needed to go ASAP, but she had to go thru the girls who had the last bar adjustment first... but she would be first at her bar set. She got up to do her routine... and FELL on the front hip. She finished the routine, but was :mad: about it. I told her she still had beam. She said that she stinks at beam and never does anything on beam... (True that she usually falls once or twice and has never landed her dismount, but no need to mention that). She got up on the beam... didn't fall ... actually did her 3/4 handstand - feet touched and everything ... got to the dismount without a fall ... coach was standing there, just in case... she ACTUALLY did her dismount! AND improved her beam high score by 2.0 points!!!!!!! Only girl on the team to make that big a jump. Her All Around improved by 3.275. One more year of this and she will be ready to move up :)

Wow, sounds like a great meet! Congrats!
Sorry about the bars, happens a lot to my DD, she does great at warm ups, but then falls at the compete run.

Good for her! So nice when they can shake off disappointment and go on to really rock on an event. Congrats on a great end to her season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back