Parents Liv's Level 4 State Floor...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

I've posted her floor. I missed her bars. She fell on beam and doesn't want me to post it. In fact she doesn't really even want to look at it....lol! And vault is vault so I think I am just going to post floor until next meet.

Please let me know what you think she should work on to improve her score. Her jumps at the beginning were not good and she knew it right away. It kind of threw her off the rest of the routine. While I was watching I thought she might get stuck in the kickover but she managed. It just looked in slow motion. Do you think that was a deduction???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfBlaNy6QAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice routine! I think if she smiles and shows it off, she'll get slightly better scores. Holding the handstand longer, before rolling down, maybe?

Looked great to me too! Floor scoring must have been low. The only think I noticed aside from the jumps at the beginning were that she needs to point her toes more in parts and the bhs could have had more power to it. Otherwise, I thought she looked fantastic! I don't think there's any deduction for doing a slow kickover - in fact, I think the judges like to see that. She could gain points I think from levering out of it though. Great job Liv!!

Meg

She looked great! Loved her poise. I agree with the above post, the jump series at the beginning could use more amplitude, and other than a few other minor things, she's doing phenomenal. Tell her to smile at those judge's. My gymmie always struggled with that too, but it does make a difference. Good luck at the next meet!

I think she looks so beautiful out there. I imagine it was mostly just little things.

DD says she landed with her feet apart after her jumps and needs to stay really tight during them. Keeping toes pointed everywhere will help. And she says to keep her chin up more. I know our coaches have them over emphasize that at practice sometimes. We thought her kickover was beautiful, way to show off her split! DDsays she squatted too much (bent her knees into it?) into her BHS after her RO, she says maybe she needs to work on just the RO to get more power out of that instead of bending her knees into it. I just saw that she landed a little short and had the extra hop, but DD noticed because she has been drilled to death on ROBHSs lately.

(She had been put back to just ROs for awhile because she wasn't keeping her feet together during the landing and it was making for her legs being apart in the BHS part, so she has done TONS of ROs the past few weeks. Last week they were all showing off their multiple back handsprings and she was still stuck on ROs. She begged coach to do just 1 BHS and she said she could and if she made it perfect, they could have Otter pops. After she did a beautifully perfect ROBHS, the coach pretended that she fainted and the girls all picked her up because she had won them an Otter Pop. Last night she was already up to doing ROBHSBHS because she is keeping her feet together!! Hoping it sticks because the ROBHS has been an issue at meets this past season.)

Still think it looks amazing and is only going to get better! She has such beautiful form and pretty lines and is soooo poised for her age. Way to go Liv!! We loved it.

She looked Beautiful! Like Mariposa said, I think it is just the little things that will just continue to improve each time. Really, her floor just gets better and better each time I see it. She does need to hold that handstand before the forward roll longer and keep her legs super straight. You don't want to give the judges anything. I know the judges take off alot if they don't stick that robhs too. She is soooo darn good though, and soooo close on just nailing everything and getting a super high score. Congrats to her again!

Ahhh thamk you guys! Good to know it's not just me who thought it was beautiful....heehee! I guess after taking apart and really studying it's pieces there are a lot of little things that can help her scoring. She has been holding her handstands beautifully at practice but the jumps at the beginning threw her off. Her ROBHS was better than it's been at previous meets though. She was cutting it short taking three jumps backwards. It was a mess. She still has lots of work to do there. It's funny cause her second BHS in a ROBHSBHS is better than her first....:rolleyes:. She needs to work on that first one.

I've asked about smiling before too and I got an adamant...NO! I don't think she's there yet.

Mariposa, Abby surely knows her stuff!! Boy she'll make a great coach one day. Tell Abby I say thanks for the help. I understand much better now. I'm going to show Liv Abby's floor again. :)

First let me say I thought her score was a little low. The only thing I really noticed was I think she needs to get a little higher on the split jump and keep her legs as straight as possible on the ROBHS. Other than that IDK! She looked pretty darn tight and confident to me!

She is adorable and very talented! I don't coach level 4 - but she is a righty in her splits, leaps, etc...shouldn't she do her kickover as a righty also? She is kicking her left foot first.

I would show her Kylie's floor, not DD's, especially since some stuff seems to vary regionally! DD knows her stuff, but she can't put it all together at meets yet. LOL. She does listen though and someday it will come through at meets. :)

She DOES do her kickover with her left foot (and looked at her 4th meet and she did there, too). Not sure if it is a deduction or not, but she might get even MORE split with her good leg. :) DD used to do that too. I would ask her coaches about it, otherwise it might confuse her. If it isn't a deduction, maybe better not to worry about it. Which leg does she do her BWO with? My kiddo had some confusion and it ended up getting her BHS stepouts messed up, but she is doing them again now.

As for the BHS, congrats to her on improving how many steps she takes after!! Eventually she will just stick it. They seem to like that. ;)

She looks fantastic! I agree with OP's.. just the little things.. feet together on jumps, landings killed Beetle's score there for a while. Her coach tells her to not be a "Surfer Girl" ( one foot slightly infront of the other)

Good luck at the next meet!

Congrats Liv...She looked beauful. DD watched her video and said she was 10th to death. The turn out of her foot got her a lot according to dd. She looked beautiful to me but that is what DD saw when she watched the film. Can you tell that is what her coach as been preaching to her???

She DOES do her kickover with her left foot (and looked at her 4th meet and she did there, too). Not sure if it is a deduction or not,

It is a deduction to use a different leg in the routine. If kick over is left then the entire routine has to be left. If the kick over is right then the entire routine has to be right. It is a deduction every time they are on the wrong foot and for every extra step.

It can be so mind rattling to figure it all out.

She has such gorgeous presentation skills...she is so...bouncy!:) I just love it.
I thought she did beautifully...I didn't see anything that hasn't been mentioned...probably the 10th to death comment is accurate because there certainly are no big issues with that routine!!!

WOW! I hadn't noticed she kicks over with the wrong leg. I know she can do one just as good with her right leg. I wonder why that's hasn't been addressed. Apperantly she's been doing it all season.

Thank you guys for bringing it up. I asked Liv about it too and she hadn't noticed either. She immediately started running her rouitne and agreed with me. She then tried to kickover with her right and it was just as beautiful.

I am going to casually bring it up to the coach. (I don't want them to feel they are not doing their job) Hopefully the habit could easily be broken.

Madigym....I am not sure bouncy is good...lol!

Her gym is in the process of making some major changes to training groups, hours, etc. I thought she had many more L4 meets left but apparetly she only has 2 more, New Years Invite in Disney and Gasparilla Classic in Tampa. She will continue to train level 5 and TOPS. Hopefully all those little .10 issues will be resolved before next fall season. Right now she is in training mode and wants all her level 5 and TOPS skills. I keep you guys updated with her progression.

I bet she can fix the kickover. My DD did right before a meet. It was huge for her because her left split was not as good as her right (she is a righty, too). Liv's still looked amazing even for her left side. I bet it is that TOPS training and oversplits. :D

The little things will be a process over time, you will see. She is still really young and they just have a harder time sometimes bringing it all to the meet. She is amazing and I am sure we will see her rocking level 5 in the fall. :)

Sending her wishes her TOPS dreams come true.

Midget and Liv are so alike. The little things get them.

I thought it was a beautiful routine. And I agree that the score seemed low. I wonder if they count off for all the other legs being wrong compared to teh kickover or do they just count off for the kickover being wrong. Hmmm

Oh and bah, I saw the Disney meet and was hoping it was the Magical Classic, but no. :(

We will be in Orlando for the Magical Classic.

Midget and Liv are so alike. The little things get them.

I thought it was a beautiful routine. And I agree that the score seemed low. I wonder if they count off for all the other legs being wrong compared to teh kickover or do they just count off for the kickover being wrong. Hmmm

Oh and bah, I saw the Disney meet and was hoping it was the Magical Classic, but no. :(

We will be in Orlando for the Magical Classic.

It must be an age thing!! When does Bella turn 7 yo? Liv's 7th birthday is in April! It's funny cause Olivia is actually a perfectionist but only on things SHE considers important. If she doesn't consider a certain skill important enough than anything will do i.e. tuck jumps etc. She has become better about it now that she's a little older but I still emphasize the importance of the easiest, smallest more insignificant skills as just as important as the bigger more difficult skills.

It's funny you should mention whether they deduct the leg kick or everything else...lol...I was thinking the same thing!! Too bad you guys are not going to the New year's Invite. Our gym is actually going to the Magical Classic but only our optional girls. Maybe one year will actually run into eachother and the girls could meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back