WAG Long sleeve leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaclyn

Coach
Proud Parent
How many of your dds wear long sleeve leos to practice occasionally during the winter? My dd has practice early in the morning and even though we live in the south it still gets pretty chilly. Im not sure if I should pick her up a long sleeve leo or two for those chilly mornings or if itll be too hot for her. Thanks :)

Pea doesn't. Even if it's cold, she doesn't like the feel. She will wear leggings or sweats during warm up and clean up. But she's never been cold once warmed up. I would opt for velour as that will hold her core temp in or a unitard/bar shorts to give a little leg coverage.

Never. She will warm up in a sweatshirt or leggings and even both on very cold Saturday mornings but once she is warm, it's down to a tank leo and shorts.

Okay, sounds good. My dd is in a "bar shorts have to match my leo" stage but she is also a "I wont do anything if I am freezing" kid too. Lol. So Im trying to prepare for the worst. We have a warmup suit but the pants are wayyy too big so I will see if I can find some black capris somewhere in her size for a few months out :)

DD will occasionally wear them, but it has to be super cold...she doesn't mind the feel as much as her competition leo is long sleeve, but once she's warmed up (if the heater is functioning at all) she quickly overheats...she would much rather throw a long-sleeve athletic shirt (there is a specific kind, but I can't think of what it's called at the moment--it's made of the same material as the boys competition tops) though.

Never. Our gym is very cold in the winter, so gymnasts start with layers; leggings, tight long sleeved athletic shirts. They can keep them on or peel of layers as they get warm. As long as the clothes are tight they are allowed to work out in them during winter. DD doesn't own a single long sleeved leo other than her comp leo.

DD will occasionally wear them, but it has to be super cold...she doesn't mind the feel as much as her competition leo is long sleeve, but once she's warmed up (if the heater is functioning at all) she quickly overheats...she would much rather throw a long-sleeve athletic shirt (there is a specific kind, but I can't think of what it's called at the moment--it's made of the same material as the boys competition tops) though.

What kind of top is that? DD would probably like one of those!

Mine did when she was younger, but no longer. That was at her old gym, which was VERY cold. The girls at DD's new gym are not allowed any other clothing, including bar shorts. I don't even know if they would be allowed to have leggings/sweatshirts when they first arrive and are warming up - I've never seen anyone do that.

My daughter does mostly because she likes them though she rarely gets cold and I have to force her to put on pants after practice when there is snow on the ground lol.

My 5 yo's group is relaxed about what they can wear. There is no air conditioning and the ceiling is very and it gets freezing cold where we sit to watch, fully clothed in jackets and boots, so I assume it's also somewhat chilly in a leotard :)

Coach suggested DD wear a hoodie during warm up, which she then proceeded to wear solidly for a couple of months. Not even showing off her new leotards!

Yes. Long sleeves. Velour is nice a warm. Leggings on top. A jacket a few sizes too small on top of that. Peel off the layers as required.
Our older girls don't seem to wear the long sleeved ones, but I think you've got some time before yours is a 'big' girl :)

Never - she hates them. Unfortunately her competitive leo is long sleeve so she really never gets use to it.

For little ones I would say whatever keeps them comfortable. Lots of preschoolers will wear leggings in the winter time and/or long sleeve leos.

Long sleeve, tight fitting Under Armour type top, and tight fitting Under Armour leggings is my Sunday morning warm up outfit. Mind you, it normally comes off within ten minutes.

I recommend the Under Armour brand because foam won't stick to it! Ivivva is also great, and has activewear specifically for gymnastics. Make sure you get the pants & top in the "gymnastics" section, as foam will stick to the other kinds of pants.

Reactions: COz
My gymmie does wear a long sleeved Leo for practice now and then, mainly because she has several and she thinks they're pretty..! :) not during the summer though, with the exception of a Leo she has with only one sleeve. ;)

Reactions: COz
Both of my dds wear long sleeve Leos forboractice some. They have some that are just random Leos and some that are old comp leos. They only wear them in the winter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back