WAG Looking for some advice, GCM is in danger of escaping.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

i wonder if I can PM a few of you, got some disappointing news tonight that is in danger of letting the GCM in me escape, for now I am managing to keep the lid on her but don't know how long it will last lol. Preferable Uk posters who I have spoken to before.

Thank you

I think you've got quite a few ears that will listen, but mine are open as well. Best thing to do when getting bad news is take it home, calm down, and try to find perspective before any kind of reaction. Not that I'm always successful at that.......

I think you've got quite a few ears that will listen, but mine are open as well. Best thing to do when getting bad news is take it home, calm down, and try to find perspective before any kind of reaction. Not that I'm always successful at that.......

Yes, I agree with this. Try to fully process whatever this decision is and consider the scenarios where it may be for the best before making any decisions. Try to look at it from all angles. Good luck.

Are you quite sure you are having a CGM reaction?

Quite possibly your reaction is sane and reasonable!

Suggest eating choccy and a very large hot beverage.... Repeat until you are calmer:) and re-evaluate.

If it's a decision that's been made at gym, remember that it's only 1 coaches/1 gyms opinion- it's worth seeking a 2nd opinion.

The disappointment does not necessarily define your gymnast- if the news relates to your gymnast.

Good luck- sending you virtual hugs and chocolate:)

Thanks for the replies. I will try and clear out my inbox and reply to as many of you as I can.

Hit the Haagen Dazs bars stat!!

I don't know if icecream will solve this one, but sure would be a tasty experiment lol.

Thank you so much for all your offers of help, it is sorted out now (hopefully).

I can now put on here what the issue was (probably me over reacting again lol)

Short Version

November 2014
Girls were given the new club grades 6&5 routines in their gym books that they were going be working on.

December 2014
Girls asked to bring their gym books back as they were not doing the new club grades as they were not ready (fair enough, understandable but disappointing), told they were doing County Levels instead. Range and Conditioning and Routines were put in their gym books and work was started on routines etc.

January 2015
Work continues on County Levels until last night, at the end of session meeting the girls were told that they were not doing the County Levels this year due to a rule change and had to wait until next year. A planned display at another gym was cancelled at the last minute (no reason given),

I was a but miffed about 3 things being cancelled in 3 months and wondered what they planned to do this year as last year they only did one trampette and tumble comp in December.

----------------------------------

We have been called into a group meeting tomorrow to discuss what has happened (found out this morning).

Oof, Tiny Dancer. I'd be disgruntled to say the least.

I was last night to say the least, I managed to walk out of the gym and keep the lid on the CGM in me, I did text the coach, who contacted me straight back and said that she had told the girls that there was going to be a meeting tomorrow, dd swears blind that nothing was said about the meet, I have asked other parents to see if dd wasn't listening or forgot what was said. Got amother text about the meeting so hopefully all will clearer tomorrow, for now the lid is on the GCM, just got to come up with some good questions and also find a way to voice my concerns without doing it wrong.

I wasn't that bothered by the first 2 things being cancelled but I will admit I was bothered by the County Levels being canceled

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back