Parents Looking for some Gymnastic chapter/fiction books for my 8 y.o.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wanted to say Gym Rats is great! My dd and I are reading Toe Jam right now! She can read it herself (age 7, 2nd grade) but I enjoy reading it with her. I play dumb and act like I don't know what any of the skills are so she can explain them to me. She really identifies with it as the gymnasts are right at her level (she also trying to get the front hip circle like the character in the book). Can't wait for more books in the series. We also enjoy all the junior gymnasts books. Oh, I don't know if anyone mentioned the Go girl books? There is a gymnastics book in that series (The Worst Gymnast) that we also liked.

My daughter absolutely LOVED the Gym Rats books! What was even better was that we could order the books through my kindle - living in SA means that we probably wouldn't have been able to get hold of the books otherwise. Now the important question in my household is......when is the next one being published??!!

I bought some 2nd hand books through Amazon called American Gold Gymnasts. There are 4 books in the series. In the story there is a girl whose mum is a coach, she marries another coach with a gymnast daughter the same age who come to their gym. So they have to get used to training and competing together and getting on as a new family. We haven't read them yet so I don't know how good they are.

Does anyone know of any chapter books for a boy gymnast??

My son has loved the Backyard Sports series, and it would be cool if they had one about a friend that was in gymnastics. Also, the last Ivy and Bean book he read started out with a gymnastics club part, but then it changed quickly to something totally different. He was so excited at the beginning of the book!

It would be great if they would have a male gymnast be a main character(or any character, actually:p)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back